It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board

• i COULD JUST CRY!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
    Lulu70
    (female)

Lulu70 HB User
    Exclamation i COULD JUST CRY!!!

I filled for SSDI July 11th 2007. My lawyer told me to call and make sure they received it. I did it online. So I called and the man said yes we received it, read all my information to me, down to my email address. So My lawyer emails me and tells me to go in person becuz its taking them to long to send you papers on what they need from me, was suppose to be sent in 2 weeks.

So i call SS and this guy tells me he has no claim for me in the system!!!????
    I said well I must be insane cuz the last guy i spoke to knew everything that i put on there. He said well i dont know who you talked to but it wasnt claims dept.
    So now i have to go in the office SEPT 12th!!!
    All this time was wasted! I thought oh pretty soon ill get a deision but noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i have to start all over.
    I am so sick of this world i an ready to end it, nothing ever works in my favor.!
    And to top it off i stopped seeing my shrink cuz she wsant doing anything for me, so she'll prolly write crap about me just to spite me.
    i have no money no ins still in a bankruptcy that will get dismissed soon if i cant poop out any money. The world is only for the scammers and liars, no one looks out for the needy, or the ones that really need help!!!
    sorry i just needed to vent before i throw up.

So all my information is floating around somewhere, maybe be on the inquirer some day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
    hessie28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
    Re: i COULD JUST CRY!!!

I also applied online. Then I had my husband drop off all the paperwork they would need to the local office. It took 3 months for them to deny me. I had to call them in between and they told me 3 months. I went to an atty and he sent the appeal the end of June. Have not heard a thing from them. They are horrible. Going in person in my opinion is not much better. They don't know anything.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
    Lulu70
    (female)

Lulu70 HB User

WEll they could have just told me over the phone what they needed, i would have gladly took it in. rahter then finding out the claim is lost. I swear the guy had my application the first time..where did it go?
    He told me what i put down for my diagnoses were and everything!
    i am so disgusted. i almost want to call back and speak to someone different if i was so depressed and scared. knowing my luck id get the same guy!
    so now my wait will be longer. life sucks the big one!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
    Emmettk
    (male)

Emmettk HB User

Lulu, Please don't give up. I know it is tough right now, but, you can get through it and when you do, it will be great. There is much to look forward to.
    This Psalm is my favorite. It was my wifes Psalm when she was going through Brest Cancer.
    I just thought I would share it with you. I hope you don't mind.
    Emmett

Psalm 121
    A song of ascents.
    1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
    where does my help come from?
    2 My help comes from the LORD,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
    he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you—
    the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
    he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #5
    Lulu70
    (female)

Lulu70 HB User

thanks, i am relying on the Lord, but i get so tired of doors always being slammed in my face. i have been a good and decent girl my whole life, but i always get the crap!

Its hard enough when you have a fear of people, and talking to people that was the whole reason for doing it online, but now i had to talk on the phone and then go down there.
    so now sept 12 imma have to wAIT just like i just filed it, when i thought it was almost coming to an end by filing it in july.
    i have suffered and got through it but just once i would like some good luck or favor on my side. i see people that are fakin or lying and they get handed the world and well its just making me more bitter.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
    fanofsandiego
    (male)

fanofsandiego HB User
    Arrow Re: i COULD JUST CRY!!!

Lulu, don't place all your hopes on SSI. I have not heard of anybody getting approved on their first application. It isn't just you, the whole thing is set up so that most people will give up, seriously. So, you have to turn that anger into something more useful, persistance. I understand your frustration. You say you are relying on the Lord. If you are a member of a church, you may want to speak to the pastor there. I know most people don't like reading much, but when I read your post, I hear my own desperation and have to tell you of ministry that really helped me turn things around so I no longer "always get the crap". If you can get a book called "Authority of the Believer" or another "Authority in 3 Worlds", or anything by Charles Capps, or Kenneth or Gloria Copeland, or Billye Brim do it. Or do an internet search for them and go to their websites and listen to what they have to say. It can turn your life around for good.

Last edited by fanofsandiego; 08-28-2007 at 03:36 PM.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #7
    Lulu70
    (female)

Lulu70 HB User

Thanks, i will check the books out. what else do i have to do ..

My frustration is just the fact that they lost my initial application, and it took me like 3 hours to do. and i been on pins and needles since i filled it out july 11, just to find out "oh we have no claim here"
    i would have welcomed a denial letter, atleast i wouldnt have to start all over.
    but thats the story of my life. i should have expected it. maybe God will make it reappear. it is all just taking its toll, mom dying my friend dying and my aunt dying, then losing my job now this...just to much for me. i just need a break or relief from something.
    thank you all though for taking the time to listen to me whine.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:48 AM   #8
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Your not alone LULU, I filed in June and haven't heard anything yet. They told me it would take 3-4 months to get my decision. Just pray we don't loose everything in the waiting process.

Makes me mad cause I payed into the system for so long and they stall when injured people need it the most . Try to be strong and more patient , I know its hard when your loosing everything but there is nothing more we can do is just wait it out.

Sorry.

Shawley

Old 08-29-2007, 08:41 AM   #9
    Lulu70
    (female)

Lulu70 HB User

Did u send in your birth cert and that stuff?

I did mine online and didnt know what to send, soif you didnt maybe you should call them to make sure they didnt lose your stuff too.

i can handle the decision time, its just the fact that they say i never filed, when i called before and they had everything.

and the man verified my diagnoses and everything down to my email addy.
    so my stuff was there at one point, just where its at now who knows.

just makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #10
    MAMMYBOJAMMY
    (female)

MAMMYBOJAMMY HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lulu70 View Post
    Did u send in your birth cert and that stuff?

I did mine online and didn't know what to send, so if you didn't maybe you should call them to make sure they didn't lose your stuff too.

i can handle the decision time, its just the fact that they say i never filed, when i called before and they had everything.

and the man verified my diagnoses and everything down to my email addy.
    so my stuff was there at one point, just where its at now who knows.

just makes me sick to my stomach.

Hello Lulu and everyone who might be reading this post. I am pretty new here, but I will try to answer any questions you might have.

Lulu, can you tell me what your diagnosis is????

Lulu, when you filed online, you needed to print each and every page and keep them...FOREVER~~~did you do that???

You should have been given a number to log in with that would bring up your application...did you get that number???. If so, try using it and see if you can bring your application back up online....If you are successful...print everything and NEVER throw ANYTHING away that comes from the SS Office.

I haven't been coming here long enough to know much about any of the members yet, but I am 61 years old and I filed last year...ONLINE...when I was 60.

I started my online application June 15, finished it by July 31. I mailed all of my Medical Records to my local SS Office. My SS Number had to be on every page of my Medical Records. Since I got injured in 1987, I had a ton of papers.

For any of you that are getting ready to file, PLEASE start NOW getting your Medical Records together. Yes, the SS tells us they will get them, but that is part of what takes them so long. They DO NOT get in any big hurry to send off for them.

All my records, and my children's, were lost in the mail back in the late 70's. From then on, I decided I would personally get copies of every visit I had to every Dr. even if it was for a flu shot only!!!

I started a box in 1987, and just kept adding to it year by year as I went from Dr. to Dr.

So.....by the time I filed online, I already had my records together. I suggest all of you start doing this too. Make sure you never send a paper that you don't have a copy of for yourself.

It saved me a ton of time, and I was approved my very first time.

It blew my mind as I thought EVERYONE got turned down the first time and had to start appeals. Well, I went online to do a bank transaction on Oct. 9, and there was my back-pay!!!!....I had not even gotten an approval letter at that time, and it was 3 weeks after I got my back pay automatically deposited before I got the letter of Approval.

From July 31 to Oct. 9th was my total waiting time. I had never heard of anyone getting it that quick, and still to this day haven't heard of anyone else getting it that quick....

Lulu, I know this may sound crazy, but I believe all things happen for a reason. It may be to your advantage that they lost them. Now, you have a chance to do it all over again, and maybe you might want to change something you said, or the way you said it...

Please make sure you print and keep copies of EVERY page you fill out and keep them forever...

I have a box I toss everything into from them, and I will keep them forever. I have told my kids I sure do feel sorry for them when I die. They are going to have a lot of papaers to throw away.

Do you haved any letters from any of your Dr.'s stating you are disabled, in their opinion? I had 2 such letters. One from my Primary CAre Dr. and one from and Orthopedic Surgeon. If you don't have any type of letter like that, try to get one or two from the Dr's that have been treating you.

There is also a page on the ssa.gov website where you can get a list of all the Diagnosis that the SS office accepts as a Disability.

I have written a book...Sorry about that.

I truly hope I have said something that might help you , and others reading this.

Hope you will have a better day today. See ya, Brenda

Last edited by moderator2; 08-29-2007 at 11:20 AM. Reason: off topic discussion removed

Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 AM   #11
    Lulu70
    (female)

Lulu70 HB User

Thanks for the detailed response. No, I didnt print eveything up becuz of my luck my printer jammed that day, has never worked since. but they had a button to push for ones that had no ptinter and they would mail the stuff i would need. sucker button i guess.
    I had a falling out with my shrink so i dont even know if she will support me now, but ims till going to try.
    I have bipoalr/major depression.add.ocd. and now a little bit of ptsd.
    I have a lawyer in the waiting, cuz i cant afford the medical copies right now, nor is my mind in order to do this for me.
    but yes they paper work i am filling out now, will be better than the last.
    I dont have any ins or any money now, so i dont even know how imma get a new doctor. All i can do is pray, and Beleive God will help.
    i will see about getting some records, i know i have doctors notes from when i would be off of work, i would have to dig them out, were so many.
    i am calming down a little, just thinking why get upset i wont get it anyways.
    that would be something good in my life, and god forbid anything good happens to me once.
    sorry to be such a bummer, i am just off my meds and discouraged and just worn out .

Old 08-30-2007, 06:42 AM   #12
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

LuLu - I did send my B-certificate in the mail . They sent them back when they were finished with them..I also faxed in all the papers they needed so I too have copies of everything...MAMMYBo is right keep every paper you have from them. They told me they would let me know within 3-4 months .

MAMMY - I didn't get any number to look in my files through SSD ? How else would I check ?

Thanks .

Shawley

Old 08-30-2007, 07:03 AM   #13
    Lulu70
    (female)

Lulu70 HB User

They did give me a confirmation number when i filed online, although it never let me in.
    I dont know what happened to my claim, all i can do is start over, or give up.
    havent decided that far yet.lol
    i do have an appt scheduled for sept 12 at the office, im just really scared, i had a hard time talking to the guy over the phone.
    but i will try to get as much as i can copied. i just dont have any energy.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:03 AM   #14
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

LuLu-- I just called about my claim through SS. I ask what my number was so I can check. The person working there checked for me..She said oh you filed on June 25th 2007 she said if I don't hear anything by Nov.13 I'm supposed to call back that they have to know by then. Thats like 6 months to get my decision...They told me 3-4 months Call them and see.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:53 AM   #15
    Lulu70
    (female)

Lulu70 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shawley View Post
    LuLu-- I just called about my claim through SS. I ask what my number was so I can check. The person working there checked for me..She said oh you filed on June 25th 2007 she said if I don't hear anything by Nov.13 I'm supposed to call back that they have to know by then. Thats like 6 months to get my decision...They told me 3-4 months Call them and see.
    i know thats what i dont understand the first time i called the guy knew what date i filed my claim, my diagnoses, my email address...
    but now they say i never filed one, i dont understand...except for the fact thats my kinda luck.
    the second guy made me feel like i was lying, i wish i would have gotten the first gus name grrrrrr

Closed Thread