It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board

• IF the vocational expert wasn't ask testify. Is that good.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-21-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
    Jscw66
    (male)

Jscw66 HB User
    Smile IF the vocational expert wasn't ask testify. Is that good.

I want to ask anybody if a vocational expert wasn't ask testify at your hearing? Is that a good thing. I am not sure. At my hearing the judge said the vocational expert which was a lady wasn't needed.

Is that good sign. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2008, 06:15 AM   #2
    rayefaye
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rayefaye HB User
    Re: IF the vocational expert wasn't ask testify. Is that good.

Sounds like a good sign to me. I know the judge asked her was there any jobs with my limitations and she came up with some jobs. Then he asked her if I would be able to work any of the jobs she suggested and she told him no. So I had a feeling that I was going to get approved. I had a real hard nose judge so you might have had a better judge. So he must have decided on his own if you were not able to work. So I think that's a real good sign, I do hope you get your disability.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:20 AM   #3
    lynn31326
    (female)

lynn31326 HB User
    Smile Re: IF the vocational expert wasn't ask testify. Is that good.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jscw66 View Post
    I want to ask anybody if a vocational expert wasn't ask testify at your hearing? Is that a good thing. I am not sure. At my hearing the judge said the vocational expert which was a lady wasn't needed.

I think it all depends on who you ask, Most lawyers can defunk what a VE says at your hearing, real easy. Like the ALJ will ask the VE question that is based on what he sees, But your lawyer, will dig deeper in your file and ask the same question and get a different answer. Or the lawyer will based his question to the VE on something that the social security doc findings.
    For me I think it was good for me The VE said that I could not do past work, or any other work. Then my lawyer crossed the VE, quoting 4 doctors, and got the same answer, just to reinforce that I cannot work.

It may be that it is clear based on your disability that you cannot do work, OR your doctors say you are unable to.

I know what you are going through, I spend hours thinking about what was said, what I think I should have said. That I should have been a bit more clear on what I was meaning. Once more today I will be running to my post office box, to see it there is an answer in there. I will be thinking about you. Hang in there.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #4
    Jscw66
    (male)

Jscw66 HB User

Hi Thanks very much. I hope you got some good news today. Let me know. I will be happy somebody got some good news that will cheer me up and make me have the encouragement and faith that things will work out.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
    Jscw66
    (male)

Jscw66 HB User

God I hope so. We have 3 RFC forms filed out by my doctors saying unable to work plus 3 written medical statement says I am unable to work.. Plus all the medical records current from December 07 to February 2008. all theses was submitted to the judge at my hearing on March 6, 2008 and enclosed in my case file. my case file was really thick.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
    kelvinn
    Inactive
    (male)

kelvinn HB User
    Unhappy Re: IF the vocational expert wasn't ask testify. Is that good.

i had my alj hearing today for my ssi it lasted almost 2 and a half hours and there was a vocational expert there and at the end of the hearing the judge asked him if there were any jobs in the economy for me he stated there two. he went on to say cashiers job and factory work and the judge stated with todays testemony and his 12 grade education with special education classes and the medical records and no past work experience and his mental illness can he peform these jobs and the V.E said no he can not is this a good sighn.
    thanks for any help on this issue thats causing me to stay on edge thanks.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jscw66 View Post

I think very much so! The hearing is supposed to be like a regular court of law....The judge is supposed to make a decision based on testimony and evidence presented. If the VE didn't testify, then her opinion or expertise is irrelevant.

Good luck.

Ex

Old 05-29-2008, 04:46 AM   #8
    Jscw66
    (male)

Jscw66 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kelvinn View Post
    i had my alj hearing today for my ssi it lasted almost 2 and a half hours and there was a vocational expert there and at the end of the hearing the judge asked him if there were any jobs in the economy for me he stated there two. he went on to say cashiers job and factory work and the judge stated with todays testemony and his 12 grade education with special education classes and the medical records and no past work experience and his mental illness can he peform these jobs and the V.E said no he can not is this a good sighn.
    thanks for any help on this issue thats causing me to stay on edge thanks.
    Hey Kelvinn,

I think that is a very good sign you will be approved. I had my hearing on march 6, the vocational expert was there and didn't testify. The judge says he didn't need it. I have so much medical evidence that judge ruled me bench fully Favorable I got my Fully Favorable decision on 4/25/08 now waiting on the benefits to start. It me took me 3 1/2 years.

Since VE says there no jobs for you then you definietly approved.

Keep us posted

J

Old 05-29-2008, 08:03 AM   #9
    lynn31326
    (female)

lynn31326 HB User

Sounds good to me. a real good sign
    lynn

Old 05-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #10
    kelvinn
    Inactive
    (male)

kelvinn HB User

thanks guys for your input it means alot to me thanks again

Old 05-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #11
    Jscw66
    (male)

Jscw66 HB User

your are welcome. Please keep us posted.

Jscw66

Closed Thread