It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board

• 6 Months Still No ALJ Decision

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
    unknown57
    (male)

unknown57 HB Userunknown57 HB Userunknown57 HB Userunknown57 HB Userunknown57 HB User
    Vocational Expert testifies you can't work

Has anyone waited over 6 months for an ALJ's decision from a Social Secruity disability hearing and still won?

I had my hearing in September 2010 and was told most take up to 90 days. It has been 6 months now and still no decision has been made. I have called the SSA, my lawyer, and the office of hearings and appeals and all they say is the judge still hasn't made a decision. At the hearing the SSA's Vocational Expert testified that I couldn't work for multiple reasons and that companies wouldn't hire me because I am a safety risk ( frequent Complex Partial Seizures ). My lawyer was excited afterwards and said the VE gave good testimony for me. But some people say if it take over 90 days you are denied. So I don't know what is going on or going to happen with my claim.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by unknown57; 03-04-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread