It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board

Frustrated!-- anxiety

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2017, 12:36 PM   #1
cc48kel
(female)

cc48kel HB User
Frustrated!-- anxiety

Why won't spouse take something? Been married for 20 years. Things weren't right so I insisted on marriage counseling. He did not like it but was diagnosed with anxiety. I was relieved because I knew something wasn't right.. He was then given a mild dose of Zoloft, It helped so much!! More conversations, there was laughter, there was relaxation, sleeping all night-- it was just easy and laid back!! I did not see any negatives at all!! He then refused to continue counseling or the zoloft. It is his choice BUT life is difficult now---He's back to being angry and yelling, never sits still, his way is best, bounces from our bed to any couch in the house, etc.. I get nervous around him as it's not relaxing for me. Do I have to live like this as long as I'm married to him? I don't want to divorce just want him to step up and take care of what's best for him and our marriage... Years ago Dr recommended Yoga-- he tried but says it wasn't for him, I don't see him changing his eating habits for anxiety.. For years I have taken care of myself because of the stress and our kids BUT it's very draining for me... How can I get him to see that this is hard on me..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply