It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board

How do I take the first step with no income?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2017, 08:24 AM   #1
PrettyRoze
(female)

PrettyRoze HB User
How do I take the first step with no income?

My husband doesn't take me seriously when I tell him I want a divorce. For years I've asked him & he'll just laugh it off and say it's just something I'm going through and the feeling will pass. Well I'm fed up. I want to show him I'm serious! I want pack all of my thing and just leave. I have enough money to move the problem is the source of income. Every time I call about a house they ask me "What's your source of income." I get quite. I have no job, I'm a stay at home mom. If I move into a house I will I go about providing for myself & my kids?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: How do I take the first step with no income?

Dear PrettyRoze,

Most US communities have service for women and children to aid in getting support, jobs & housing. Call your local county offices, and tell them you need help to secure a job and housing. You need to get those things in order.

Love,

Old 10-02-2017, 06:54 AM   #3
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

how old are your children? you might have to bite the bullet and find a job. Consult an attorney, your husband is responsible for the children and also a roof over their head. You may be entitled to more than you think....

Old 10-02-2017, 10:24 AM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

You need to either be able to qualify for a shelter or you are going to have to get a job, but in the meantime, do you have a friend or relative whos house you can crash in while you look for a job?

Please do not move out with the idea of proving something to him only to move back in...if you want to end your marriage for real and forever- you can insist on him going to counseling with you, or if he won't, go yourself if he has insurance coverage. Either way, building a case to help show you are serious will help you and during this time you can learn what you need to do to end it.

Reply Reply