It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board

Financial advice please

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
Lizzie471
(female)

Lizzie471 HB User
Unhappy Financial advice please

My dad remarried about 10 years ago. He was on the rebound from my mum leaving him and made a BIG mistake. He wants to leave but daren't for fear of another financial loss, but he is now deep in depression because of the way this woman treats him, and I could really use some advice for him please.

Financially speaking, this woman had nothing when she met my dad. She was on benefits, in a scummy flat. My dad had a good job, a house and a car. Since getting married, my dad has continued to work, cook his own meals, clean the house, do the shopping, do the laundry.... She does nothing, using her ME as an excuse (I know ME is genuine, but she plays on it big time).

She keeps him away from his family and surrounds him with hers. She is verbally and emotionally abusive to him. She shows no affection, physical or otherwise. They sleep in separate bedrooms and always have done.

He's concerned that he'll lose half of his pension and half of the house. He sold his house to buy the current one, close to her family. I imagine it was bought in joint names. The pension is the same one he's had for years, before meeting her.

So, is there any way that he can divorce and retain the majority of the financial stability that he's been working so hard for for the last 40 years, or does she get to walk away with her winning lottery ticket?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply