It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board

• Itís officially over, what now??

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-19-2018, 11:17 AM   #1
    Imjustm3
    (female)

Imjustm3 HB User
    Itís officially over, what now??

Iíve been married for 2 years now and itís been really tough. I thought it was just the 1st year but it turns out that itís more than just that. Iím miserable and Iíve finally decided that itís time to get a divorce. The only problem is that we are in a new state with no family or real friends around and we live together. Iím not sure what to do at this point. I just know that Iím miserable and I need someone to talk to about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2018, 04:27 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Itís officially over, what now??

You might benefit from some counseling...a person who can listen who is non judgmental and DOESNT know you or your husband is exactly what you need to get your feelings out. As much as friends and family are wonderful when you feel alone- they take sides and this is not what you need right now.

Look for a support group at your local hospital, call your insurance company and find out who they can send you to see who will be covered for therapy..and make sure this is what you want before you do it.

Marriage is hard and the first year really is the hardest; however, if you havent fixed what was wrong the first year, its bound to carry over to the next. If you are sure its over, the next step is legal...if you arent 100% sure, counseling is a good start..if nothing else, go to some counseling for YOU- the counselor can help you figure out how to handle this emotionally.

Good luck!

Old 05-20-2018, 05:11 AM   #3
    52ken
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User
    Re: Itís officially over, what now??

It sounds like you don't have children and you are young. You need to try to start a new life w/o him in it. The first thing I would do is move back to were your old friends and family are. That's where you can get some emotional support. Get a new job even if it is for a lot less. There are a lot of us that have to start over after a divorce. Good luck.

Reply Reply