It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board

• my husband wants a divorce...how do I begin to cope?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-04-2005, 07:39 AM   #151
    Sugar64
    (female)

Sugar64 HB User
    Re: my husband wants a divorce...how do I begin to cope?

The thing with the karate is something my attorney is trying to get in contact with his employer about. They referred her to their attorney, but she's heard nothing as of yet. The karate school is actually his own school, and he claims that it's not hurting his back to go there and work. He actually had his doctor write in his medical records that he needs to continue with the karate as a form of physical therapy. My attorney says that she will do everything she can to prove that he shouldn't be granted disability, but that if he does get to go out on disability, he still owes me support anyway. The thing that kills me is that he's claiming he can't do his job, because years of sitting at his desk and typing for hours on the computer has ruined his back, yet he can go to the karate school and do office work, and teach classes. This is why I've lost all respect for him, and don't give a rat's patoot about any back pain he may or may not have, or what happens to him after I'm finally free of him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2005, 03:58 PM   #152
    seekalot
    Inactive

seekalot HB User

Hi, sugar,
    due to my own challenging circumstances (a big move, separation and great new job myself) I haven't been on the relationship board much lately, but as soon as I came back I have wanted to know how you were doing. At first I went backwards through the board just looking for your thread, then got the bright idea to plug in some words I remembered, namely "sugar karate divorce" and presto bongo, up comes this thread!

Anyhow just want to echo Blue-eyed Lady and the others here who have been concerned about you. So glad you have found help (your friend, your lawyer and maybe using your "diary" here? ) as well as your own strength and are making the best out of a sad situation. I admire how you are handling this.

Hope you will keep us posted on how you are...
    your friend,
    seekalot

Old 09-04-2005, 09:51 PM   #153
    seekalot
    Inactive

seekalot HB User

Hey sugar. If you are around, please fill us in. Been wondering and hoping you are still doing well!

Old 09-10-2005, 05:22 PM   #154
    Macquig
    Inactive
    (female)

Macquig HB User

I have been reading Sugar's posts and this boards responses all afternoon...I have never ever heard of such a manipulative, mentally abusive man than Sugar's husband..,passive aggressive..ahhhh..there are not enough adjectives...the more I read the more distressed I became for Sugar as it seems that he manipulates her magnificently...Sugar..I was married for 35 years when my husband decided to leave..lots of issues which are not the point of this post..but here I am 2 years later.happy beyond belief..and I was at the breaking point for about 8 years as I tried to save our marriage..anyway..please please look out for yourself..do not let this man manipulate you any further..isten to your friend on this board and your lawyer..I am worried for ou and hope you check in soon!!!

Old 10-19-2005, 01:37 PM   #155
    niikki
    (female)

niikki HB User

Hello and thanks for sharing your story, as painful as it is. I applaud your courage to work on your marriage by going to couples counseling, however, the fact that this didn't work, does not mean there is no hope. I would like to strongly recommend an invaluable place of support known as The Divorce Busting Center (www.divorcebusting.com) Best-selling author Michele Weiner-Davis and her staff of highly-skilled mental health professionals, provide a solution-oriented approach towards saving marriages. Your coach is an expert at working with the one spouse who is most motivated to better the relationship by giving you fresh perspectives and an action plan to implement immediately. They have helped save thousands of marriages on the brink of divorce.

Take the time to check them out--you and your family are worth it. Whatever you decide, I do wish you all of the best.

N.

Closed Thread