It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board

• Need Opinions - I think the judge will NOW throw out our divorce case

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2006, 02:33 AM   #1
    farceur66
    (female)

farceur66 HB User
    Need Opinions - I think the judge will NOW throw out our divorce case

The drama still continues. If you remember my husband filed for divorce on 12/8/05. (please keep in mind we did NOT use a lawyer and this is a simple no contest divorce with no trial or such) The state I live in there is a 60 day waiting period before the judge signs the divorce papers. On 2/6/06, my husband sends a petition to Withdrawl the Dissolution of Marriage (to stop the divorce). On the evening of 2/6/06 we had an argument and I refused to speak to him (I am sure those that have followed my drama will know why). On the morning of 2/7/06 my husband sends another petition to the courts stating "Dismiss the Withdrawl of the Dissolution of Marriage". Oh boy - so first he files for divorce, then he stops it then within 24 hours of stopping the divorce he asks that the divorce go through.

I do not know if anyone has had any experience with judges and such but I believe the judge will take one look at our case and say "what the heck is going on?" and throw it out based on uncertainty.

What do you all think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2006, 03:08 AM   #2
    RachelMichelle
    (female)

RachelMichelle HB User
    Re: Need Opinions - I think the judge will NOW throw out our divorce case

Hi...I have been thru divorce. Do you want a divorce also? Why dont you file for divorce and be done with it. Seems he doesnt know what he wants. are you separated????
    RM

Old 02-09-2006, 04:10 AM   #3
    Nina000
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Nina000 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RachelMichelle
    Hi...I have been thru divorce. Do you want a divorce also? Why dont you file for divorce and be done with it. Seems he doesnt know what he wants. are you separated????
    RM
    That's what I would definitely do if I were you, Farceur. Show him that you are serious if he is not, and that enough is enough. I think he has been behaving immaturely. He is messing you about.

Old 02-09-2006, 04:45 AM   #4
    farceur66
    (female)

farceur66 HB User

He has already filed for divorce. There is a 60 day waiting period before the judge will sign off on a divorce. The judge should be reviewing our divorce any day now and I am assuming when he sees all the petitions to stop the divorce, then cancel the stop the divorce that he will throw our case out. At this point it does not matter if I want the divorce or not, either the judge will approve the divorce or throw it out based on all the uncertainty surrounding it.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #5
    LIVING IN HOPE
    (male)

LIVING IN HOPE HB User

Tricky one this. Ask your husband to sign a simple A4 sheet saying we both want the divorce to take place and happen, he might grant you the divorce alone, or both of you jointly. Your husbands behavious is evidence of the marriage break up and shows cause to grant the petition.

The A4. Date, address, and he signs it. Don't you sign it because it could be argued you were party to the reconciliation. If you had sex during the reconcilation period this could be adverse information for both of you in Court. The Judge will be treating your evidence as crucial.

Closed Thread