It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board

• Wife decided to divorce me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2006, 09:55 PM   #46
    itsmylife
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

itsmylife HB User
    Re: Wife decided to divorce me

You guys helped me out a lot.

Today I spent a beautiful evening with my two kids on the hammock. We were laughing and having the best time. Looking into the sky and counting the jets that flew over. I sat there and just thought, these are the great times you look back on and wish you could do again. I'm so glad I know that now.

The Effexor seems to be jogging my immune system and the herx continues stronger then ever with a nice bright red rash on my chest and very itchy skin, but I have been lucky to keep up with it with a detox bath in both the morning and at night. My legs are so much stronger with in just two weeks.

I spent an hour with a new psychiatrist today explaining my entire life story of Lyme from the misdiagnosis at age 12 leading through the past year and a half of Andrographis immune strengthening with the detox baths. I opened up our appt by first explaining I've become very accustomed to doctors not listening and asked if I could "bend" his ear. I brought my book "Healing Lyme" with me and by the end of our conversation; he wanted to get a copy for himself. I'm staying on the Effexor and he is going to help me out by bumping my xanax up since I'm herxing so heavily. I also printed a copy of the statement regarding unknown effects on the immune system with SSRI drugs. Thanks Battling. The doctor read it and agreed the immune system can certainly be affected-negatively or positively. He raised his eyebrows and seemed impressed.

Hopefully sometime next week I will be up to looking around at apartments and trading my car for something better on gas.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2006, 05:41 AM   #47
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User

TML--Good for you!!! I am so glad to hear you talking this way and to see how you're moving ahead in a really healthy way. You even took the opportunity to enlighten your psychiatrist about lyme, that is a major accomplishment in and of itself! You are an example for all of us on how to push forward through adversity.

I have had a lot of "wow" moments with my kids lately too, like the one you described in the hammock. We just have to cling to those moments and know that things are going to be okay.

You are doing a really great job with a really difficult situation. I hope your days just keep getting better and better.

Old 06-17-2006, 07:00 AM   #48
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi TML.

I am happy to hear that you have someone to talk to, who LISTENS. Don't be too hard on yourself in these sessions. It may take a while to sort out your feelings and/or decisions about your marraige.

I saw a marraige counselor (alone) when my marriage was in the toilet. After a few months I decided to try one more time to save it. For me, it didn't work out and we ended up getting divorced. But with you and your wife, things may turn out differently.

I wish you a not-too-rocky-road with this psychiatrist.

Maybe you and your kids can make a date to meet in the hammock every Friday night?

I am also happy to hear that it filled you with joy to spend that time with your kids.

I had a similiar thing happen with me and my kids. We were at the beach for a full day. We had the cooler, the grill, the tent, the whole shabang. We even brought our dog, Blue. She kept barking and misbehaving when ever we went into the water, so we tied her to the cooler, looping her leash around a tent pole as an extra measure.

Dogs are allowed at our beach - as long as they are on a leash.

The urge to be with us was too much for her and when we went into the water again, she bolted after us, toppling the tent. There she was, trying to run with a collapsed tent behind her, dragging the coooler with the lid bouncing open with food and ice and drink bottles going everywhere!

We were laughing so hard, we couldn't breathe or stand. When I close my eyes to die, I will smile as I remember that day.

Hang onto those moments. They are precious and much more important than any SUV or fancy house.

Thinking of you,
    Mickie

Old 06-17-2006, 02:12 PM   #49
    wackowoman
    Inactive
    (female)

wackowoman HB User

I am so glad you are claiming the treasured days of being with your children watching the sky. A bright spot is this bumpy road you are walking. You are truly an inspiration to us all - though I am sure some days you do not feel that way - it is still true.

Your name has been whispering its way thru my heart many times over these weeks.

We are all cheering you on.

Jeanne

Old 06-17-2006, 06:01 PM   #50
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User

Take my life
    It sounds as if you are taking control of your life. Glad things are working out with your kids and a listening dr. I'm proud of you. Prayers...Marsha

Old 06-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #51
    Smyle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Smyle HB User

Hi TML:

I just wanted to wish you a Happy Fathers day. It sounds like you had a good day with your kids the other day and I hope you have a good one today as well...

Old 06-18-2006, 12:36 PM   #52
    outinthe_woods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

outinthe_woods HB User

[SIZE=1]Yes, hoping you have an enjoyable and stress-free Father's Day........[/SIZE]

Old 06-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #53
    wackowoman
    Inactive
    (female)

wackowoman HB User

We need more father's like you!

Thanks for hanging in their for your kids.

Jeanne

Last edited by wackowoman; 06-18-2006 at 02:08 PM. Reason: add

Old 06-18-2006, 09:33 PM   #54
    itsmylife
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

itsmylife HB User

Thanks guys!

Old 06-20-2006, 10:57 AM   #55
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

Ehy dude
    Sorry wasnt here for fathers day, i did explain to the internet provider that i have a soul mate overseas that i need to write to but they werent having any of it

hope you are still counting jets xx
    jules xx

Old 06-24-2006, 08:47 PM   #56
    itsmylife
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

itsmylife HB User

Now I'm angry.

This was cruel and anfair to me and my son and daughter. I guess I am in a different place now.

Last edited by itsmylife; 06-24-2006 at 08:48 PM.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:04 PM   #57
    GiGiof2
    (female)

GiGiof2 HB User

Hey TML What ever it is don't be angry~~~ IT is such a waste of time and energy~~~ thru this disease that is one thing I have learned ~~~and we all know TIME and ENERGY is something we don't have enough of to begin with ~~ so why waste it!!!! I like all the other's think of you ~~~ stay strong for your kid's~~~no matter what kid's need their Daddy's!!!! all my best to you!! Hang in there!!!!

Old 06-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #58
    TINUVIEL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Quote:
    What ever it is don't be angry~~~ IT is such a waste of time and energy
    I do understand that anger can be debilitating when it is harbored and hung onto, but I also think that normal anger is an important phase of the healing process following a breakup or divorce.

Yes, eventually the time will come when one can and must let go of anger but in the earlier stages it plays an important and I would go so far as to say neccessary role in getting "unstuck". Better to be in touch with it, acknowledge it, express and release it in healthy ways - this can be very healing.

Anger only becomes a problem if it is either denied and surpressed and therefore allowed to fester or else if it is expressed in destructive ways such as violence. But a healthy processing of this perfectly normal emotion is vital.

Last edited by TINUVIEL; 06-24-2006 at 11:57 PM.

Old 06-25-2006, 06:30 AM   #59
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

Hi TML....just a thought for you....when my EX walked out cause I was sick...my lawyer's office suggested I go to a divorce recovery....it was a very small group and it gave us all the chance to sit and cry and share our fears.......some of us became great friends....to help eachother along that adventure....if you feel up to it maybe try something like that...divorce is like a grieving process...Your going to have your highs and lows...happy one day, ****** and crying the next...then the getting over being slammed .....but you know what??? He did me such a favor now that I look back...I am finally in my life with the best Man I could of asked for.... Keep your head up you have your babies to think of...life can throw us some whammies....but your strong!!! You'll survive...make your dreams come true....YOU deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Hug to you.......

Old 06-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #60
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

TML

I wish i could pop over and give you a hug and nurse your heart for a while.

I am hesitant to put threads on here where I am low crying and all round had enough as i feel awfull about inflicting it on others and i dont want to bring people down. So usually only when im rock bottom do i open up.

So with what you have explained to date gives an ideal of what you are going through at this time so please write what ever you need, to vent, and what ever you need to get some relief. i am sure every one on here wishes they could do more for you, and if support on line is what we can do then, we will give it.

So please pop in when ever you can and vent, write what ever gets it out your system and hopefully we can help you through it.

xx ((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))) ))))))))) xx
    xxx jules xxx

Closed Thread