It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Divorce & Separation Message Board

• Marrying a divorced woman?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #31
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
    Re: Marrying a divorced woman?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Argamemnon View Post
    Social anxiety kept me from being intimate with someone, and I couldn't make many friends either. I also left college due to social anxiety. So to your question "what have you done in the meantime?" I would have to reply; mainly procrastinating, which I feel very guilty about.
    Argamemnon, you are a Muslin living in an European country. Could that be a problem for you? Is this your country, or are you a foreigner here?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #32
    Argamemnon
    (male)

Argamemnon HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pendulum View Post
    Argamemnon, you are a Muslin living in an European country. Could that be a problem for you? Is this your country, or are you a foreigner here?
    I don't know if that is the main problem, I don't think so. I'm simply guilty of isolating myself and procrastinating. But then, it's hard to become social when you suffer from SA.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:00 AM   #33
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Argamemnon View Post
    I don't know if that is the main problem, I don't think so. I'm simply guilty of isolating myself and procrastinating. But then, it's hard to become social when you suffer from SA.
    To me, social anxiety is the same as shyness. I don't think you need medication for that. I would recommend: physical exercise, voluntary work, and doing things (talking to people, going to parties, greeting, dating, etc) despite your shyness. The shyness doesn't go away, but you sort of ignore it and do what you have to do. Doing things is more important than giving in to shyness. And remember that all of us can be very shy at certain moments; it is not only you.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #34
    Argamemnon
    (male)

Argamemnon HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pendulum View Post
    And remember that all of us can be very shy at certain moments; it is not only you.
    That's different though; people who have (severe) social anxiety totally freeze out of fear in social situations. Plus, it happens almost always. This causes excessive stress and depression. It ruins your life. It really is one of the worst possible diseases, since it affects all areas of life; with regards to having a partner, having friends, having a social life etc..

Last edited by Argamemnon; 09-18-2008 at 01:42 PM.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:53 AM   #35
    Larrylou'smom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Yes, social anxiety is much much worse than just your run of the mill shyness. A well known celebrity "came out" with the fact that he suffered from it several years back and sort of became the spokesman for it for a while, and he took medication for it. It can cause debilitating panic attacks and all kinds of other things that you don't get with just normal shyness.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #36
    cooldude001
    (male)

cooldude001 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Marrying a divorced woman?

Hi All,

I have been in a relation with a woman for past 6 yrs and now we intend to get married. When the relationship started he was suffering from a bad marriage and eventually after struggling she has finally got a divorce last year. I told my parents about me marrying her but they just wont agree to our marriage first thing being i was younger to her by 5 yrs and secondly she was married and thirdly that she had kids and then they keep talking about society.

I tried all sort of things to get them convinced but they just wont listen and as for me i am just deeply in love with her and i am ready to accept her even though she has kids cos i dont see any problem there and even the kids have accepted me as a part of their family.

She is very well natured and down to earth and i know if my parents accept her they will definitely be happy.

Its been 6 yrs since we have been in this relation and i really want her in my life because i know that we understand each other very well and that i can definitely give her a good life.

Kindly advice how to make it work and make my parents accept her.

Last edited by cooldude001; 01-07-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Closed Thread