It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

Severe fatigue, spaced out, mind blank

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2015, 07:09 AM   #1
help needed joe
(male)

help needed joe HB User
Severe fatigue, spaced out, mind blank

Hello,
My name is joe, I'm 18. Iv been unwell for 7 months. I woke up one day out of no where feeling dizzy, spaced out and brain dead. I went to school like this for 2 months but I couldn't rember anything that happened the day before like when you wake up from a dream and don't rember It. It's been like a huge dream since with little memory of the last 7 months. I struggle to get the right words out now, feels like my brains slow or off. There is a numb sensation in the right side of my stomach below the rib cage. I sleep for about 12 hours a night now because of the severe tiredness but I struggle to stay awake for long and I really have to push myself to do so. I'm not a lazy person and it's frustrating. I'm starting to lose hope of getting better.
Any comments would really help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
Bob652
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
Hi Joe, I am sorry you are feeling so bad right now. Are you under a lot of stress? Most young adults have stressful lives because it is a major turning point in life. Has anything really bad happened in your life in the past year? Are you nervous about something new on the horizon? Those are often the causes of people losing the drive to get out of bed. I know you probably hate hearing this because I know I did when I was your age but things will get better. No matter how bad things get, you have the power to control your destiny and have a great life.

I hope you feel better.

Old 06-21-2015, 04:40 AM   #3
help needed joe
(male)

help needed joe HB User
Re: Severe fatigue, spaced out, mind blank

I was stressed out about 7 months ago. But now the only thing I am worried about is this. I want to get out of bed it's just no matter how much I sleep I'm still drained. I just want to feel normal again

Old 06-21-2015, 06:40 PM   #4
Bob652
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
It's challenging to figure out what is wrong in a forum like this but some of us would be happy to talk about it if you want to.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:03 AM   #5
help needed joe
(male)

help needed joe HB User

Thank you. I would just really like to figure out what is wrong so I can fix it but I don't know where to go

Old 06-28-2015, 12:26 PM   #6
Bob652
Senior Veteran
(male)

The first thing I would suggest is to talk to a doctor to run some blood tests and see if you are have any deficiencies. You might be really low on a certain vitamin, mineral, or hormone. Once those tests come back, go from there.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:00 AM   #7
help needed joe
(male)

help needed joe HB User

Thank you iv had a full blood check and they all came back clear

Old 07-05-2015, 08:32 AM   #8
Woodshoes
(female)

Woodshoes HB User

Thyroid been checked for Hashimoto's thyroiditis autoimmune disease? Causes your symptoms.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #9
help needed joe
(male)

help needed joe HB User

They checked for anti bodies in my blood test. I'm still pushing through. Just want to be normal again

Old 07-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #10
Auroranimbus
Inactive
(female)

Auroranimbus HB User

Hey Joe does this sound similar:

About 13 years ago I came to New York to visit my mom (living in Cape Cod at the time with my father), on my summer break. It was raining for like a week strait, I remember calling my dad and getting in an argument with him, can’t remember the conversation, but anyways I went to bed crying. The next morning when I woke up I felt so weird and the only way I could describe it to my mom was that I felt dizzy. She took me to the ENT because she thought it was sinus related. They did a cat scan and the radiologist said I had chronic sinusitis. Then I went to see the doctor and he looked up my nose with a light and said there’s no way I have chronic sinusitis and that all I have is a slight deviated septum and that wouldn't cause me to feel dizzy. They sent me on my way with pills and nasal spray and suggested that it may be psychological. When I went back to the cape I was still complaining about it and every doctor I went to suggested it was psychological. So I went to a therapist and they never put me on medication, talking to them didn't make the feeling go away so I just stopped going to one. I figured whatever it was maybe if I ignored it and dealt with it that it would just go away on its own or I could learn to live with it. It’s like my consciousness has been permanently altered and not in a good way. I feel like it’s something so simple, like fluid in my ear not draining, or an allergy of some sort but either way I need to get to the bottom of it. So basically I've felt chronically dizzy for 13 years and it’s affecting me psychologically. I've realized I can’t be in a relationship or feel comfortable socially interacting with people until I see a doctor and figure out what is wrong with me, I feel like its physiological but who knows maybe it is psychosomatic but it’s getting in the way of my social life, romantic relationships and overall happiness. So I joined this forum hoping to find someone who's felt the same way and can lead me to figuring out what it is.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-18-2015 at 05:54 PM.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:01 PM   #11
Frances999
(female)

Frances999 HB User

Auroanimbus and Joe
Sounds a lot like me. First time I had it I was under great stress the night before and woke up with brain totally spaced out. I felt like something had popped in my brain and ther was a large gap there. Didn't resolve for months.
Then in Nov 13 I had stress and had vertigo that cleared up but I have been left with constant unsteadiness and imbalance and brain is all fogged up.
Like you Auroanimbus, I too have had it suggested it could be psychogenic and like you I have had two scans showing I have extensive sinus disease. (How a doctor looking up your nose thinks he knows more than a scan I don't know!!) I also have ectasia of spinal arteries in neck (they are stretched wide). I have nasal polyps and perennial rhinitis. Standing up in heat, or after eating or carrying heavy loads, make me feel faint. Car parks and supermarkets make it worse. (And many other factors too)
13 years! That is a long time. Mind you I have got to point where I cannot remember what it felt like to be normal.
There must be something physical going on that is caused by the stress and maybe the scans are just not sensitive to pick it up. My unsteadiness is ther strongly when I wake up in night. It has life of its own.
Good luck to you both.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:55 PM   #12
Auroranimbus
Inactive
(female)

Auroranimbus HB User

I have also forgot what it's like to feel normal and just want to feel normal again. I didn't know it was possible to wake up with an altered consciousness without drinking alcohol or doing any drugs or sick with a fever. I don't think it's possible to even describe how I feel, dizzy, in a fog, dream like, etc., are not even a good words for it. I was 15 when I started feeling like this so my parents were not persistent with taking me to the doctor and neither one really care how I feel because on the outside I'm normal. I went when I got older but didn't have health insurance consistently. Now that I have good health insurance I have recently had an appointment to an ENT who is sending me for balance testing and hearing testing. I'm not giving up, I'll make them test me for every disease possible.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:02 AM   #13
help needed joe
(male)

help needed joe HB User

Has anyone found what's caused there issue? Two years later I still feel like this

Old 08-07-2017, 04:35 AM   #14
Janedoll
(female)

Janedoll HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by help needed joe View Post
Has anyone found what's caused there issue? Two years later I still feel like this
Have they checked if you have POTS Syndrome?

Reply Reply