It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• Currently suffering from BPPV

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-30-2015, 06:12 PM   #1
    TikeeahW
    (female)

TikeeahW HB User
    Currently suffering from BPPV

Hi,

I am a 23 year young female and I have been suffering from vertigo for a month now. The weekend before this all started I drank alcohol that Friday and Saturday (last weekend of June). That Sunday night I was having stomach pains. I figured it was constipation so I took that Monday off and drank prune juice. This sent me to the restroom until about Wednesday. Thursday my stomach still wasn't feeling too well. Friday I woke up feeling really drained, no energy or appetite at all. I finally got up around 3 pm and went to get food. I felt really faint in the restaurant and lost my balance. I went to sit down. When I got back in my car it felt as though my car was floating. I drove really carefully back home and tried eating. I felt really sick and couldn't finish my food. Before I knew it everything was spinning really fast and I had a horrible migraine. I couldn't stand any sounds or light. Went to the ER they did urine, blood test and cat scan everything came back normal. They prescribed me antivert told me I have vertigo and sent me home. Antivert didn't help. Long story short I've made multiple trips to the ER have been prescribed Valium, a steroid, zofran and given shots of 3 other meds and a Benadryl none of which have worked. I've seen an ENT who told me there was nothing he could do sent me back to the ER for a MRI. MRI showed nothing they told me I have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo and referred me to a vestibular therapist. Nothing she's doing or excercises that she has given me works. I found the epley maneuver on *******. That stopped the constant dizziness but I still get random dizziness or when I move my head dizziness. I also have been vomiting everyday since 7/14. I can't keep any food or liquids down. Every doctor I've seen, including two neurologists and a GI, has told me that there is nothing they can do for me. I have been all over the Internet searching for answers for relief. I just want to get back to work. If there is anything that I can do to help me get over this please let me know. Thanks in advance and for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply