It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

vertigo after dentist

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
rcpilot
(male)

rcpilot HB User
vertigo after dentist

So I recently had a dental visit which had me reclined for an extended period of time. After my visit, and that night during dinner, I felt a strong dizzyness sensation. I called the dentist office the next day and they stated that it was normal and to follow up with my GP if it persisted or got worse.

After a few days it did subside for the most part. A few weeks later I started to have symptoms again and scheduled an appt with my PCP. He mentioned BPPV and referred me to a PT. While home I did some tests to see if I could record my eye movement, The problem is that I have bad nystagmus all the time, since birth, so it's hard to distinguish the BPPV and my normal movement. In any event I performed the epley and it seemed to help with the symptoms. I was fine for a few days, but then started to get bouts of dizzyness again, not near as severe as before, but definitely foggy. Went to see the PT who did an exam for BPPV, but determined that my eye movement was my normal nystagmus since her movements didn't really incite dizzyness in me.She referred me to an ENT, which I have yet to see.

So I'm still battling that 'off' sensation, with minor episodes of increased dizzyness that lasts only a few seconds.

It seems awfully coincidental that this all came about right after my dental visit, so am I correct that it was BPPV and I'm still suffering the symptoms of it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2017, 10:04 AM   #2
rcpilot
(male)

rcpilot HB User
Re: vertigo after dentist

So I thought I would follow up with this. I had my appointment with the ENT doctor. He asked a bunch of questions and did some basic tests (including the Dix-Hallpike). He determined that if I did have BPPV it has since resolved, which I agreed with. He stated that if things did not resolve or get worse he would have me see a neurologist. Fortunately, my lightheaded episodes have begun to fade and are becoming less frequent and less severe. I've gone days without issues, so I am hoping that it has run it's course. I will continue to be active and try to eat right and get plenty of sleep.

Reply Reply