It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

Meniere's Disease

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2017, 03:08 AM   #1
Anne93
(female)

Anne93 HB User
Meniere's Disease

Hey- so I stumbled across this forum when looking for ways to treat my current spell of dizziness/vertigo. I had chronic labrynthitis about 2 years ago which sadly 'destroyed' a balance mechanism, so ever since then I've suffered quite badly with reoccurring dizziness/vertigo with various other symptoms which tend to leave me recovering in bed for up to a week at a time I'm only 24 and it's really affecting my day to day life. I generally feel very weak and it takes a hell of a lot of energy to do very small tasks that most people wouldn't bat an eye at- for instance at a very low point I blacked out after trying to open a jar, I feel breathless just lifting things as I am exhausted and drained- which is very hard to explain to people. I'm only petite anyway but I tend to lose weight when I become quite bad. I feel like a fullness in my head, makes it feel very heavy. Pains in my neck which leave me feeling like I'm using every ounce of energy to hold my own head up. Shaky, weak, tired, dizzy, sick, ringing in my ears, dots in my vision, awful pains through my head and ears. I've been suffering this much more frequently recently, I'm currently taking serc 8 (8mg) and have totally given up seeing a doctor to help as they don't seem interested and I had a brain MRI which didn't conclude an answer but pushed my doctor to this route, hearing test which showed I have lost hearing for certain tones in one ear (coincidentally the opposite ear to which I have the most pains?!) I'm seeing all sorts of crazy white spots just trying to concentrate on typing this. Is there anyone that is able to help or give me advice please? I feel lost not knowing anyone that has it to just discuss certain things and it might make things easier/learning what to avoid.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply