It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• BPPV Vertigo eye symptoms anybody?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-16-2019, 09:57 PM   #1
    Graham 58
    (male)

Graham 58 HB User
    BPPV Vertigo eye symptoms anybody?

Hi, All,
    I was diagnosed with BPPV vertigo 6 weeks ago. 6 weeks of terrible dizziness, motion sickness, etc.
    My question to my fellow-sufferers out there, is whether any of you have had any such eye symptoms (not the nystagmus) of night time eye strain and eye pulling sensations that make it almost impossible to sleep? These symptoms have been worse than the dizziness! My ENT said it does happen to have such eye symptoms with Vertigo. I also have had elevated eye pressure prior to this but no signs of glaucoma at all. I have had a CT scan that was all clear apart from nasal polyps.
    The nocturnal eye symptoms are driving me crazy and leaving me totally wiped out. Daytime is easier as I generally have my eyes open! At night, it all starts when I close my eyes or when I try to open them and look upwards.Anyone else have this with or without vertigo? I also thought it could be dry eye?
    Many thanks.
    Best,
    Graham.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2020, 10:58 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: BPPV Vertigo eye symptoms anybody?

Hi....how are you doing now? Are you on any meds for it?
    Did the doctor do the Epley or Semont maneuver for you?

I would suggest for you to have vestibular physical therapy...it would include visual exercises that could help.

Can you explain more about the night sympyoms...is it while trying to sleep or if you awaken and then feel the pull on your eyes? Do you have it during the day if your eyes are closed and then open....is it while sitting as well as laying down? And is it in one eye more than the other?

Sorry for all the questions. I've had BPPV since I was 11 (1966) with varying symptoms (mild to severe lasting almost 3 years) during attacks and residual afterwards. Being older, my attacks have been less, but on many days I feel quite off with visual pulling. Could be many other factors including distress, neck issues and age).

q

Reply Reply