It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• Dizziness while lying in bed

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-25-2020, 09:17 AM   #1
    Fantine
    (female)

Fantine HB UserFantine HB UserFantine HB UserFantine HB User
    Dizziness while lying in bed

I have had BPPV since 2013, which has always been resolved through Epley maneuvers. This February, I woke up dizzy at night (almost fell when I was trying to get out of bed), and thought that it was BPPV again. I tested negative multiple times for nystagmus and since I was having dizziness (not vertigo) during the day, I was told that I had general, age-related dizziness (I am in my mid-60s) and I should go to vestibular therapy, which I did. I can do all of the exercises without any problems so I was discharged after about 10 sessions.

But I continue to have issues when I am lying in bed. Not turning over, but lying still. Once I close my eyes, I start to get dizzy and I have to open them. It makes going to sleep very, very hard since I can't relax. Also, I have issues with excess saliva production when I get dizzy, and I can wake up (when I finally get to sleep) with a damp pillow under my mouth.

The audiologist in the ENT's office who checked me for BPPV thought that I should be tested for allergies, which can produce both dizziness and excess saliva. I'm waiting for an appointment for allergy testing.

Has anybody else have any of these symptoms and give me some suggestions? I do have TMJ disorder on the left side, which I wonder is also a factor. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply