It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• Hypoglycemia and Vertigo

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
    Rick1254
    Inactive

Rick1254 HB User
    Hypoglycemia and Vertigo

..Hi, my name is Rick and I have Meniere's disease and I've found that if I go too long without eating I will get a vertigo attack. I've been doing lots of research as to what could be going on and it sounds as if Hyperinsulinism is causing my glucose level to drop too low.
    ..whats happening with hyperinsulinsm would be very similar to what happens when too much insulin is taken by someone with diabetes (at least in my opinion).
    ..So I did some searching on PubMed on diabetes and vertigo and found several articles regarding the the two. So I decided to come here and pose the question to you all here since your having to deal with diabetes.
    ..I also found a topic a few months back on someone who had eaten 6 cookies and had a vertigo attack. That's interesting in that the same thing has happened to me several times and I found that I had to eliminate Gluten altogether and that stopped the majority of my attacks except for these that seem to be related to blood sugar levels. We assume that any vertigo attack that we get is Meniere's related and I bet that if there is anyone here that gets vertigo attacks, they probably asssume that they are Diabetes related. So maybe there can be some shared learnings.
    ..So anyway, are there anybody here that get's vertigo attacks when their blood sugar get's too low? Or does anybody get vertigo attacks period? Thanks,
    Rick

Last edited by moderator2; 05-07-2004 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Not allowed to post other boards. Please carefully read, know and follow the Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2004, 08:52 PM   #2
    JacquelineL
    Inactive

JacquelineL HB User
    Re: Hypoglycemia and Vertigo

Rick

I have never heard that gluten might bring on vertigo attacks. That is interesting because my husband is gluten intolerant and had several attacks over a few weeks and we thought he might have Meniere's disease. It was so bad that he couldn't even move his head when he was lying down, and he certainly couldn't stand. We deduced that it was brought on by antibiotics he was taking for Rosacia. After he stopped the antibiotics, it never returned, for which we are thankful. I wonder if his gluten intolerance, which is under control now, might have been involved.

Old 03-29-2004, 07:58 AM   #3
    Rick1254
    Inactive

Rick1254 HB User
    Re: Hypoglycemia and Vertigo

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JacquelineL
    Rick

I have never heard that gluten might bring on vertigo attacks. That is interesting because my husband is gluten intolerant and had several attacks over a few weeks and we thought he might have Meniere's disease. It was so bad that he couldn't even move his head when he was lying down, and he certainly couldn't stand. We deduced that it was brought on by antibiotics he was taking for Rosacia. After he stopped the antibiotics, it never returned, for which we are thankful. I wonder if his gluten intolerance, which is under control now, might have been involved.
    With my vertigo attacks that were triggered by gluten, they would happen within 15 minutes after eating gluten. There are many, many triggers for vertigo attacks and it well could have been the antibiotics, especially since they stopped occurring after he quit taking them. If the vertigo attacks were coming right after eating then a food intolerance could be possible.
    Rick

Closed Thread