It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• Treatments for dizziness/vertigo?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
    sparkles13
    (female)

sparkles13 HB User
    Question Treatments for dizziness/vertigo?

Hi,
    I was just wondering if anyone knows of any alternative medicine for dizziness/vertigo?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
    gort
    Inactive
    (female)

gort HB User
    Re: Treatments for dizziness/vertigo?

There are chinese herbs for this but I don't know what they are. But I have read that mineral salt helps. A 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan Crystal salt in 8 ounces of water first thing in the morning provides a good amount of electrolytes.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
    jjules
    (female)

jjules HB User

Hi I suffer from vertigo too I wish I could overcome my fear. Thanks for the info maybe someone out there knows of some chinese herbs too. Where would you buy that kind of salt at???Thanks Jules

Old 07-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
    princesspixie
    (female)

princesspixie HB User

Ginger is supposed to help with dizziness and nausea.

Old 07-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
    DTemple

DTemple HB User

My dizziness was due to a middle ear virus, it can be treated by a Naturopathic doctor.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:38 PM   #6
    Bob2
    (male)

Bob2 HB User

Have you gone to an ear doctor and discussed if you may need treatments to get tiny particles that have gotten out of position in your inner ear back where they wont cause problems. You can look up article on the innernet by doing a search on dizziness cause by inner ear problems. there will be articles that discuss special positioning of the head to cause these particles to move to where they will not cause problems. That may or may not be your problem but it will not hurt to look into it.

Old 07-22-2006, 01:47 PM   #7
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I think there are probably at least 300 significant causes for dizziness and veritgo. There are just too many questions that need to asked and anwsered about this very difficult problem!!

I think a Homeopath or Naturopathic Doctor that uses classical homeopathic medicine in his practice would be your best bet!!
    Not easy to find-- there is not any where I live in South Carolina.

You could contact the National Center of Homeopathy in Alexandria, VA who is a registered practicing Homeopath in your area -- they are usually MDs.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #8
    princesspixie
    (female)

princesspixie HB User

The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) allows you to find naturopathic doctors in your area, too...

Old 07-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #9
    kathryn+2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

I have just the thing for you. It has been a miracle for me as i'm weaning off effexor and suffered terribly with dizziness,vertigo and nausea. it's called "Clear Motion and Digestive Aid." It's homeopathic ,with no side effects and it doesn't cause sleepiness. I found it at my local health food store ,but you could probably get it online also. You can take up to 10 caps a day. but i find 2 caps every 4 to 5 hrs works for me. It may not work as well for you as you don't know for sure what is causing your dizziness, but it's been a lifesaver for me. Give it a try

Old 07-28-2006, 11:25 PM   #10
    bellsudev
    (female)

bellsudev HB User

had a big problem with dizziness/vertigo, and was diagnosed with meneirs. I found that calcium/magnesium, vitamin C, and potassium would keep the wolf away. I take 1000 mg of calcium and and 1000 mg of magnesium, with 600 units of vitamin D. it is always a good idea to take calcium and magnesium together, they balance each other out. Many supplements have half the amount of magnesium as they do calcium, but research has found that magnesium should be equal to the calcium taken, vitamin D helps the body to absorb the calcium, without D to little calcium can be utilized. If you go to the doctor to be tested be aware that the average tests can show that you are within the parameters of what they consider normal, and still be deficient in calcium or magnesium.
    tests have never shown that I was deficient, but without the magnesium I have experience, dizziness, vertigo, episodes of internal shaking, chills and seizures. For those who experience headaches, sinus stuffiness, brain fog along with the vertigo, I found that 4000-6000 milligrams of vitamin C along with one tablet of potassium, would bring relief within about hr. after taking. Hope this helps someone. Bell.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:40 AM   #11
    jbbrocky
    Veteran
    (male)

jbbrocky HB User

magnesium has been a miracle mineral for me as well. 600-1000mg per day has gotten me out of my 2 year dizzy nightmare.

good luck

Old 11-18-2006, 09:00 AM   #12
    Takecare
    (male)

Takecare HB User

Vertgo - can befought with eating or drinking more Alkaline Substances. Simple & easy way is to take 1 Teaspoon of Soda Bicarbonate in Water every 5-6 Hours a Day.
    Further It remains a Fact, that This not only fights Vertigo, Also its very good for Gaut & People with excessive Uric Acid. This is also for People suffering with Acidity & Digesting Problems.

Latest Research suggests that Even Cancer can not survive in Alklaline environ.
    Any way, Do know your state of health and do treat your self with Utmost care & Full knowledge of your Actions & possible Advantages. I wish, You do "Takecare"

Closed Thread