It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• Vertigo and tight neck...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2008, 05:30 AM   #1
    stacey2008
    (female)

stacey2008 HB User
    Vertigo and tight neck...

Hi everyone... I am having some new symptoms - and I have done as much reading as I can to figure out if this is also related to my thyroid. Long story short, my most recent labs show a TSH that hovers around 3, with my Free T4 falling at a 1.0. As some of you know, I also have a solitary 1.7cm nodule, that I am awaiting diagnosis on (likely an adenoma; type unknown yet)... I went off meds about 8 months ago, and am probably going back on when I see my Endo early March. I went off just to see what happened. Seems silly, but I wanted proof of my dependence upon them...

However, my throat has been feeling very tight lately. It is fine when I first wake up, but then as the day goes on it gets tighter and tighter. Especially if I am talking alot. However, it does NOT feel like a lump. It feels more muscular? Like my voice box area and all the related muscles are cramping and tight... I have no trouble swallowing, but I constantly have to clear my throat. I can best compare it to that feeling you get when you really need to cry, but have to hold it in...

Also, my positional vertigo has come back...

I should also note that my thyroid is enlarged - I can't remember exact numbers, but my right lobe is pretty enlarged (length - 6cm).

Does this sound related to my thyroid?

Last edited by stacey2008; 02-26-2008 at 08:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread