It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• need advise about flying with vertigo and ear problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
    tasha29
    (female)

tasha29 HB User
    need advise about flying with vertigo and ear problems

i have a long history with my ears , lets say their never my friend so ill try keep it brief , iv had fluid coming out my ears since a realy bad ear infection 7 years ago still get ear ache on days and have discomfort daily they also feel full and block up every time i get a cold , they crackle , pop and hiss too , it does at times sound like rice crispys but have learnt to live with it , i also have vertigo which came on after a bad flu about 4 years ago now which is much harder to live with . . iv avoided going on holiday for all this time but iv got the chance to go on a holiday off a life time but its a 9hour flight , im so scared my ears will block and i'll be left deaf through my holiday or my peranently damage them more , i have no idea what will happen with my vertigo either .. please if theirs anyone out there that counld give me some advice or let me know their experiences of flying it would be most helpfull . .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2008, 03:38 AM   #2
    sheriff56
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sheriff56 HB User
    Re: need advise about flying with vertigo and ear problems

Well I would suppose it would depend on wht was the matter with you, but I have had similar sensations in my ears, no fluid coming out though, have flown loads of times, the holiday has always helped relax me making me feel much better as for the flight, before I started to suffer with dizzies I had terrible times with my ears on planes, now I dont get anything??
    Speak with your doc if you are worried, but I would be tempted to go on that trip and chill out!

Jayne
    xx

Old 03-16-2008, 05:22 AM   #3
    Momof2sons
    Veteran
    (female)

Momof2sons HB User
    Re: need advise about flying with vertigo and ear problems

tasha,

I too have had trouble with my ears while flying. I was told by a Doctor to use an over the counter antihistimine about an hour BEFORE flying to clear any fluid build up. My Son also had trouble with his ears while flying. So We used the advice and it DID help with the pain involved. Might be worth asking your Doctor about before going on this "once in a life time trip"! The fact the flight is 9 hours, I would suggest taking a second one about an hour before landing, IF its ok with your Doctor.
    Take the trip, and ENJOY yourself! You only live ONCE! Just my opinion of course.

Take care, and GOd bless,
    Annette

Closed Thread