It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• Visiting Chiropractic after 4 yrs Vertigo & Dizziness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
    mviramgama
    (male)

mviramgama HB User
    Lightbulb Visiting Chiropractic after 4 yrs Vertigo & Dizziness

I have problem of Vertigo and Diziness since 4 years. I was diagnosis as Vertigo with inner ear problem by ENT. You won't belive that I tried almost all doctors. ENT , Nurology, Cardiology, Homeopathy, Ayurvedic, Allergist, Vision etc. But not usefull. EPLEY MANEUVER improved only 10 to 15%.

I saw lot people are suffering from the same issue. But I saw some people get cure only after Chiropractic treatment or EPLEY MANEUVER by therapist suggested by ENT. I visited Chiropractic doctor last week in NY. He told that I will get relief after atlest 1 month. I have lot of hopes on this.

Basically he said that Spinal Cord is carrying all nurve systems. So If you have stress developed in your body it may dislocate some portion of Spinal. So he is trying to make Spinal and Neck Adjustment. It is painful but it won't hurt as I saw in many websites. He also advised diate with Fish Oil (in tablet form as I am pure veg). Diate should avoid white color items like sugar, rice, salt, milk. Use more fruits, lemon, liquid....

Here you will find some urls as my research.

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=594804[/url]

This is just for info for all who want some hopes for Vertigo with inner ear problem. I will post my feelings after 1 month.

Thanks.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-12-2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

The Following User Says Thank You to mviramgama For This Useful Post:
    showtime4904 (06-17-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
    Richson
    (male)

Richson HB User
    Re: Visiting Chiropractic after 4 yrs Vertigo & Dizziness

I have had dizziness for past 3 years diagnosed as vestibular neuritis.Does anyone on this board have similar and how long will it last?unable to work as dizziness is 24/7.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #3
    mviramgama
    (male)

mviramgama HB User
    Arrow Re: Visiting Chiropractic after 4 yrs Vertigo & Dizziness

Let me give you my updates.

As of today, After 2 week, Chiropractice doctor suggested me for getting XRay for my spine and Neck. He pointed out following problems in XRay film.

There are 33 vertebrae (bones) in the spine.

1. two or three joints in my spine are fusion (2 bones joined together). So that can't be improved but it won't have any adverse effect except flexibility of spine.

2. One joint is having degenerating effect that is normal process.

3. My spine in neck region is almost flat. It should be in curve position. So he told me to make it curve by pressing it in reverse side. But this can be improved after atleast 10 months. This spine under neck region carries lot of nurves to brain balancing system. So this could be one the reason for vertigo.

So let me have a wait watch game for atleast 10 months.

Please share something if you know about this type of spine adjustment.

Thanks.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #4
    Imbo
    (male)

Imbo HB User
    Re: Visiting Chiropractic after 4 yrs Vertigo & Dizziness

I had neck adjustments for about 4 weeks before giving up. The stuff on chirowatch and the fact my GP really didn't want to give me a referral for chiro had me nervous about it. My neck adjustments didn't affect dizziness and if anything made me feel generally worse a few days after I had the adjustment (which means you need more adjustments, of course). I decided to quit before the adjustments became something my body got "hooked on". Of course, my xrays also showed various "problems" since my spine wasn't in perfect alignment (though I doubt even a chiro's spine is in alignment - I never got a straight answer about whether they themselves have neck adjustments done for the "preventative maintenance" many of them advocate).

NUCCA or atlas chiro has various fans and probably a lot less risky than upper cervical adjustments. I'm also assuming your body doesn't become as dependent on these less abrupt adjustments to feel normal, but I have no personal experience with these.

I've continued with massage therapy and now am seeing a PT about some shoulder pain which I was hoping was related to meniere's-like symptoms and dizziness. I have a lot more faith that they won't do anything to mess up my body, but I've given up on the theory that my issues are caused by misalignments. Apart from a few anecdotes on the Interweb, I don't think there is much evidence that many of these problems are resolved by chiro. And I'm not anti-chiro at all -- I think it is very useful for injuries, etc. But I don't think there is much evidence to support many of the claims about its effectiveness resolving issues caused by various "subluxations", etc.

Closed Thread