It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• vertigo or not ???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-10-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
    jasonbbo
    (male)

jasonbbo HB User
    vertigo or not ???

Vertigo or not.. can any one help?? I started to do a lot of exercise a few weeks back. One evening about 3hrs after a run I was sitting in front of my laptop and I started to feel a bit dizzy/ light headed. so later on I had a beer and it seemed to just go away. Next morning same thing nothing bad but just felt a bit dizzy I went on about my day. Again that evening I had a one bottle of beer and it went away. When I woke on the second morning again I was dizzy then I really started to worry. I went to the doctor told him what was happing. She asked me a few Qs like did I feel off balance?? I told her not really, but if I stand still I sway from side to side a little but thatís all, nothing spinning around me, I donít feel like im going to fall over. I can walk fine just a bit dizzy all the time!!. She told me that I had a small bit of VERTIGO!! She gave me some tablets and as soon as I took them I felt great , dizziness gone, faintness gone, but as soon as I stopped taking the tablets I got dizzy again.. about 2 weeks later I was doing a small job to my house and I started to really feel dizzy, so I stopped but as the days went by I got really bad I donít really know how to explain it but kind of like this tingly sensation all over, I was spaced out, I was sure I was dieing in fact I was rushed to A&E, just be4 I left my house I doubled up on tablets by the time I got to A&E it had calmed down. After spending 8 hrs waiting to get seen to a doctor had a look at me. I told him what my own doctor thought it was and he agreed after doing a few physical tests on me (eg) touch my nose then his finger ectÖ. I went home reassured that it was only vertigo. After that I got so bad that all I did all day was stay in bed NOT because I couldnít walk but because of this scary awful feeling that I was having. I found that some times in the evening it would just go away why?? So thatís when I got on to the internet and looked at every thing I could find out about vertigo I discovered and tried (epley) For the first time in 2 weeks I could control my symptoms I cant tell you how much of a relief that was. Its been altogether now 6 weeks . now that the really heavy feeling has gone I can walk about again but only for short periods at a time after I walked about for 10 mins I have to go to bed and lye down for 20 min or until I feel a little better iv been to my doctor 6 times now and she keeps reassuring me that it defiantly vertigo. While I was researching vertigo on the internet iv seen 100s of other peoples storyís all much and much the same (I woke up and the place was spinning) ectÖ This is were my problem lies

I have Not had any miss balance, feeling like im going to fall over, room is spinning ect.. I have a slight wobble were I am swaying from side to side maybe 1-2cm if I stand still. but even at my worse my balance never got any worse that. Just that terrible feeling. I never felt sick, I feel like there is a brick on my head all the time, it seems that the common mediations used for vertigo work for me but I donít have the usual symptoms that any one else gets.
    It has me really really worried/frightened that I might have something else that every one else has miss diagnosed . Has anyone else had vertigo with out the usual symptoms?? Im after buying a home test blood sugar kit, every thing seems fine iv even tried eating some honey the see if id feel better getting more sugar but it makes no difference. Im just stuck at home feeling dizzy all the time iv got a lot of anxiety now too if I here a loud noise I jump, I hope people donít come to my door, iv even turned my phone off I cant talk to people .. I just want my life back..

also could any 1 tell me how they got better??? did you just wake up one morning and it was gone or did you feel dizzy for weeks after the main spinning, ect... had stopped?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread