It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• Quick squeezing pains in head/body twitches/vertigo

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-18-2003, 03:34 PM   #1
    xtian1

xtian1 HB User
    Post Quick squeezing pains in head/body twitches/vertigo

I've been getting quick jabs (last seconds) of squeezing pain in my head around the middle of the head between the temples. Feels like someone squeezing an artery. They are intense and frightening. I sometimes get flush afterwards or momentarily disoriented (not sure if that's because of an anxious response). I also get many twitches in my fingers, hands, legs etc...Also moments of vertigo, dizziness, irregular heartbeats (have done extensive cardiac workup showing Pvcs, pacs, atrial runs), but the dizziness has nothing to do with my heart (normal rhythm when I am dizzy). In the last year I have come down with some kind of chronic fatigue or Lupus like syndrome. I had a positive ANA test a few months ago and the doc said could be lupus, could be post viral syndrome or chronic fatigue. What could be causing the squeezing spasms in head? Anyone get these? I had an MRI of the brain a year ago that showed some demyelination 7 white matter, but it was very minimal and they wanted to repeat it in a year. I'm trying to get an appointment with the neurologist. Any ideas???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2003, 04:57 PM   #2
    reneeintx
    Inactive

reneeintx HB User
    xtian1~

I have tmj and have had the stabbing pains around my temples. I had dizziness also. I thought I was having an aneuriysm(sp) The neurologist gave me an mri of the brain I was in so much pain!!. I know EXACTLY how you are feeling I took a med called tegretol and it helped with ALL the pain. This was 10 years ago. I now wear a nightguard in my mouth while sleeping. I bet your pain is from you clenching your teeth at night like mine was. It was horribe, just HORRIBLE.

Guess what I started twitching 8 months ago. Everywhere..legs, arms, face, but. I saw an neurologist in Feb 03, had an emg/ncv to test muscles, and nerves. Nothing was found except I have a thyroid that is not working and now I take med's for it. The doc's say I'm anxious and this is making more adrenaline pump through my body causing the twitches. I take xanax(on really bad days) and now take lexapro for depression. I also have heart palpatations, skipping beats sometimes, and extra beat other times.

I haven't had an mri in 10 years and wonder if I should get another?

I hope you can get to a neurologist soon.

Peace friend,

Renee

The Following User Says Thank You to reneeintx For This Useful Post:
    Missanna388 (06-10-2012)
    Closed Thread