It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• dizziness after flying and migraine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
    jps1012
    (male)

jps1012 HB User
    dizziness after flying and migraine

Hi,

I was on a four hour flight saturday night. I felt fine when I landed and got home. Yesterday I had a migraine (which I get regularly) with no other symptoms. Today I feel like I am constantly rocking back and forth on a boat and slight nausea. I have never had this before. It's not to severe just feels weird. I also feel spaced out and "weird". I feel no other sick symptoms. Is this Rocking Vertigo? Do you think it is from flying or from my migraine yesterday. I would have guessed flying but wouldn't think it would start 36 hours after landing. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
    KennedyLane
    (male)

KennedyLane HB User
    Re: dizziness after flying and migraine

Mal de debarquement can develop a couple of days after a passive motion event like flying. It will most likely go away on its own.

Continue to do regular activity as much as you can... walking, errands, housework. Remain calm and get lots of rest. Ask your doctor for Klonopin (a benzo), and take it for a week or so as directed by your physician.

There is also a big overlap between migraines and mal de debarquement, so migraine associated vertigo may come into play here as well.

The good news is that the odds are greatly in your favor that you will go back to normal very soon...

Old 09-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
    jps1012
    (male)

jps1012 HB User
    Re: dizziness after flying and migraine

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KennedyLane View Post
    Mal de debarquement can develop a couple of days after a passive motion event like flying. It will most likely go away on its own.

Continue to do regular activity as much as you can... walking, errands, housework. Remain calm and get lots of rest. Ask your doctor for Klonopin (a benzo), and take it for a week or so as directed by your physician.

There is also a big overlap between migraines and mal de debarquement, so migraine associated vertigo may come into play here as well.

The good news is that the odds are greatly in your favor that you will go back to normal very soon...
    Thanks for your help! it did go away!

Closed Thread