It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• Do you think this dizziness will ever get better? Share some success stories?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Chellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB User
    Do you think this dizziness will ever get better? Share some success stories?

I've been dizzy for a little over a month now going on two months. It is difficult everyday to function. The doctors told me it was a build up of inner ear fluid a while back but i dont know. I took the antibiotics and it never went away!! It's summer and everyone is having fun except me...I can't concentrate or go anywhere for fear of passing out or falling. Plus I just feel unwell has anyone ever had something similar and got well from it? Just share some stories to calm me down

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
    flutters
    (female)

flutters HB User
    Re: Do you think this dizziness will ever get better? Share some success stories?

I feel the exact same as you. Although I feel l am drunk..really drunk. I have had vertigo before years ago and yes it did go away. It's so terrible and such a lousy thing to go through. I hope you get some relief soon. It'll go away. Send those thoughts out to the universe and it will go away

Last edited by mod85; 05-30-2014 at 09:24 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to flutters For This Useful Post:
    Chellybean18 (05-21-2014)
    Old 05-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #3
    Quiltman84
    (male)

Quiltman84 HB User
    Re: Do you think this dizziness will ever get better? Share some success stories?

Hey there, I feel your pain. I had vertigo five years ago and had problems walking because my balance was really bad and just felt dizzy and weak and nautious all of the time. I started taking a tablet called serc which I found to be good. I had it very bad for a month and was able to go back to work in the office then but I wasn't able to play soccer or drink alcohol for another five months after that. It does go away eventually but the bad news is you'll prob have this for the rest of your life coming and going as I recently found out. I've been sick with it again for the last three months (but only very bad for the past five weeks). I too am disheartened wondering how long it's going to take to go away and anyone I talk to doesn't seem to understand. My whole life is put on hold until it goes away I'm too weak to do anything. But I'm taking heart that it went away the last time and it will go away this time again. It's not matter of if it's a matter of when so keep the chin up and turn all of this free time off into a positive by getting your parents to pamper you by buying you loads of junk food and watching loads of films and tv series. I find watching films etc takes my mind off it. Don't worry mate you'll be fine.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #4
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Thank you very much hope you start to feel well again soon also! It's just soo annoying but I'm gonna keep positive about it

Old 05-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #5
    Citruszinus
    (male)

Citruszinus HB User

It really depends on what you have but I have permanent bilateral vestibular nerve damage, maybe one of the worst ear related issues you can have. It's been 5 of the most brutal months of my life but I'm getting better for sure.

I have days where I feel 95% of my old self, you will have more and more good days until eventually your brain completely adjusts. Vestibular rehab has done wonders for me, my P.T. is the only person I have talked to who has any idea whats going on with me, she works with people like me every day and it's amazing to have someone to talk to, not to mention the exercises make a significant difference in my day to day.

Keep your chin up, it's a rough road but you will get better

The Following User Says Thank You to Citruszinus For This Useful Post:
    Chellybean18 (05-30-2014)
    Old 05-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #6
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Hope we can both be 100% better one day

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, dizziness, inner ear disorder