It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• Possible Perilymph Fistula?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
    CaliCA83
    (male)

CaliCA83 HB User
    Possible Perilymph Fistula?

Around ten years ago I was the victim of a violent crime in which the back of my head hit the cement hard enough to crack the base of my skull in which the doctors said I had brain fluid leaking and caused black eyes, and cause me to lose conciousness. At the time blood was leaking out of my left year. For months after the injury I was very dizzy, ears feel full,had terrible tinnitus and have lost hearing in my left ear only. Eventually the dizziness went away but not the hearing loss or tinnitus. Since the injury I will have times when I "trigger" these same symptoms I had directly after my head injury. If I for example run, jog, look up or down for long periods of times, cough hard, sneeze hard, or basically jar by body in any way. I've been to many doctors who have prescribed many medications mostly to treat migraines and have also been told that they believe it is migraines. Nothing has ever worked. Bed rest and keeping still seems to be the only thing that helps but can take anywhere from a day, to a month to be able to function without symptoms again. This is ruining my life and my career is suffering. I seem to forget things easy and have trouble focusing which was never a problem before my injury. I am ready to be over this and have my life back. Please, anyone with any suggestions or have had these symptoms please help me. Oh and I've also had a few MRIs over these 10 years to rule out brain injuries and Acoustic Neuroma which all came back negative. There are more symptoms not as consistent but these are the usual when I have an "episode.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
    Skdiz
    (female)

Skdiz HB User
    Re: Possible Perilymph Fistula?

Hi have you been to a balance and dizziness center? I'm curious if you've asked your Doctors about PLF and what they think?
    I recently read an article that stated PLF without Dizziness(disequilibrium Etc) is highly suspect.
    Main symptoms being Dizziness, Tinnitus and Ear fullness. I think. I have heard there are really good Nero otologists in CA. Not sure where but at a university hospital maybe?

Old 11-02-2016, 05:51 PM   #3
    thekittyofcastl
    (female)

thekittyofcastl HB User
    Re: Possible Perilymph Fistula?

University of Irvine in CA

Reply Reply

Tags
    dizziness, head injury, perilymph fistula, tinnitus, vertigo