It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• Off-balance, very fatigued, feeling out of it and upset

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-31-2014, 10:55 PM   #16
    Sixofspades
    (male)

Sixofspades HB UserSixofspades HB UserSixofspades HB User
    Re: Off-balance, very fatigued, feeling out of it + upset

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JasonJay View Post
    Good luck my friend and remember this, this fight may take a while but learn and study as much as you can and use t to your benefit. You WILL come out stronger after this mentally and physically. Don't let this break you down, use it to build yourself up into a stronger and healthier person.
    Thank you, you're right, I should do that. It's just been such an emotional rollercoaster over the last six weeks, exacerbated by the fact that this morning is the worst it's been. Burning, stabbing in my knees no matter what I do. Appt in a few hours. I just really hope they can put the puzzle together at last. The knees, the infection, the dizziness/fatigue/nausea/brainfog. Thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #17
    kalouise
    (female)

kalouise HB User
    Unhappy Re: Off-balance, very fatigued, feeling out of it + upset

I too have had a downward spiral after a pesky stomach virus, actually two. The first weakened my immune system so that i got bad viruses/colds/strep repeatedly afterwards and then this spring i got another bug that really did me in. Since then major fatigue, bouts of lightheadedness, a nice month long headache with some dizziness thrown in. The dizziness came on in bed when i was flat on my back. The TV started pulsating back and forth and i felt lightheaded. After i felt nauseous and really unbalanced feeling. Its now four days later and i feel awful, out of it, off balance and really drowsy like I've had a concussion (which I've had so i know that feeling ). Viruses can do awful things to the healthiest of people. I feel for you! Hope you get your strength back and figure out what's going on!

Old 08-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #18
    Sixofspades
    (male)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kalouise View Post
    I too have had a downward spiral after a pesky stomach virus, actually two. The first weakened my immune system so that i got bad viruses/colds/strep repeatedly afterwards and then this spring i got another bug that really did me in. Since then major fatigue, bouts of lightheadedness, a nice month long headache with some dizziness thrown in. The dizziness came on in bed when i was flat on my back. The TV started pulsating back and forth and i felt lightheaded. After i felt nauseous and really unbalanced feeling. Its now four days later and i feel awful, out of it, off balance and really drowsy like I've had a concussion (which I've had so i know that feeling ). Viruses can do awful things to the healthiest of people. I feel for you! Hope you get your strength back and figure out what's going on!
    Thanks! Really appreciate all the support on this great board. I think in your case, as with me, the stomach bug compromised your immune health by causing so much distress to the intestine, which I now know to be the main line of defense we have against bacteria, viruses etc. I really hope you're able to stay strong and feel better soon. This dizziness is a nightmare but all we can do is persevere.

I have been doing a little better the last couple of days. My knees have improved a great deal and now I've got mainly dizziness/derealization and a little groin pain left. But considering what I've been through, that's a step up.

The rheumatologist is testing me for arthritis and for lyme's disease, and I think the latter is quite a real possibility. I did have a lyme-like rash on my wrist at one point, and I have too much diverse stuff going on for it just to be plain old arthritis. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #19
    kalouise
    (female)

kalouise HB User

Sometimes just know what you have is half the battle. I just had an mri today to find out whats going on in there. hoping for a dx from it, benign, but something!! I find myself wishing something would turn up positive! Its a horrible way to think, but when you are so debilitated its frustrating to have nothing to work with. Hope you get answers! I am glad I am not the only one who feels like a zombie. This derealization is the worst. I just want a clear head without dizzies and pain again!! Keep us posted please! I find many people post in desperation but don't follow up with what they found.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:20 AM   #20
    Sixofspades
    (male)

Re: Off-balance, very fatigued, feeling out of it and upset

Quick update, I tested negative for rheumatoid arthritis. They're still working on the lyme diagnosis, but I am being referred to an ENT at last. I'm sure it won't really help, but I am pretty lightheaded again lately. Other than that just some fatigue/weak knees and occasional ache from the prostatitis thing. So still pretty much the same all round. It's not too terrible though, I'm still able to function and do everything, so that's good. If I could just feel slightly better I'd be in a good place. I feel like it's so close, but I can't quite get there.

I'm going to have a few drinks tonight. I've deprived myself for way too long.

Last edited by Sixofspades; 08-12-2014 at 04:21 AM.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:53 AM   #21
    Sixofspades
    (male)

Re: Off-balance, very fatigued, feeling out of it and upset

Well, I was doing better this past week, except I started getting chest pains on Saturday, and this morning have been diagnosed with bronchitis. The doc said my lungs sounded pretty rattly. How is it possible that I get yet another medical problem in so short a time? It's SO bizarre. I had a chest x-ray (front and side) just 4-5 weeks ago and that was clear so I don't think it's anything much. I have antibiotics for a week. But still, it just makes you think "***" when there are so many things happening at once. I can't make sense of it, but am just trying to keep plodding along, and at least the dizziness etc is a lot less.

I did read that bronchitis often follows after a viral infection - is it possible that this whole thing was just a nasty, lingering virus? It would seem to make semi-sense.

Hope everyone else is doing alright!

Last edited by Sixofspades; 08-20-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    anxiety, dizzy, fatigue, vertigo