It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• anyone feel REALLY groggy and tired with vertigo/dizziness?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #16
    Rellie61
    (female)

Rellie61 HB UserRellie61 HB User
    Re: anyone feel REALLY groggy and tired with vertigo/dizziness?

Hi Kalouise, been reading through your post, and I really feel for you. nothing worse than having something that Dr are not sure how to treat or even if it's there. Just wondering how did you go yesterday with the ENT? Any answer yet. I hope they start to do something for you soon. Sending you hugs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rellie61 For This Useful Post:
    kalouise (08-19-2014),Peg541 (08-19-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #17
    kalouise
    (female)

kalouise HB User

Hey,
    Thanks for the kind words! I went to a much nicer ENT yesterday who actually looked at my scans! He admitted he didn't know much about it though and told me that I need to see an neuro-otologist. He also pointed out that the book he was referencing about petrous apex problems was written by the guy I am supposed to see in September. So that's encouraging. He told me to continue on antibiotics and said, don't worry, you aren't crazy, there is definitely something there. On the downside, he thought it may be a fatty cyst which can only be cured by complicated surgery, basically brain surgery! yikes! I am at this point hoping that maybe its just fluid or infection and the antibiotics I am on will help get rid of it, but that may be wishful thinking.
    Dizziness is not nearly as bad as it was when I first wrote this post. So thankful for that. After about 3 days on the antibiotics I had vast improvement and my slight double vision cleared. My headaches are milder, but still constantly there. I have noticed now after 11 days on antibiotics (augmentin) that I am EXTREMELY tired! Hoping its just the meds. But at least I am not dizzy and really tired. Ugh! What a rollercoaster!

I will keep posting about this, so that the one other person in the world with petrous apicitis will be able to find some info on the web about it unlike me!
    Thanks again for the encouragement!

Old 08-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #18
    Rellie61
    (female)

Rellie61 HB UserRellie61 HB User

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Kalouise, that it's is just fluid or infection, and the antibiotics due the job, the idea of brain surgery is so daunting So glad The ENT was kinder to you yesterday Hang in there Kalouise September is just a few weeks away. Hugss xxx

The Following User Says Thank You to Rellie61 For This Useful Post:
    kalouise (08-20-2014)
    Reply Reply

Tags
    brain fog, dizziness, half awake, out of it, tired