It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

• Labyrinthitis and Sinus Pressure?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
    haychelle
    (female)

haychelle HB User
    Question Labyrinthitis and Sinus Pressure?

I've never had issues with my sinuses before, but I'm wondering if the head pressure I've attributed to labyrinthitis could be sinus related. I have pressure in the center of my forehead, behind my eyes and behind the bridge of my nose. If I press on the bridge of my nose, the pressure increases (of course) and radiates between my eyes into my forehead. I can't afford to go back to the doctor for the 4th time and have them brush off my symptoms again, so I'm wondering if anyone else with Labyrinthitis has experienced this same pressure and what they may have done to alleviate it. I've taken a generic Sudafed before, which seemed to help a little, but made me anxious, so I'm not sure what to do now.

Haley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #2
    Hbeez
    (female)

Hbeez HB User
    Re: Labyrinthitis and Sinus Pressure?

Have you tried the lowest dose Sudafed or generic? They have a 4-6 hour one that isn't as stimulating.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #3
    haychelle
    (female)

haychelle HB User

The Sudafed I had was 325mg acetaminophen and 5mg phenylephrine. Honestly, I don't know if that's a high or low dose, it was just present at the time, so I tried it. I'll look into different dosages.

Last edited by haychelle; 08-31-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
    Hbeez
    (female)

Hbeez HB User

The phenylephrine doesn't work that well, in my opinion. (It's the generic of Sudafed PE and others.) The true generic Sudafed is pseudoephedrine...and works much better. You have to bring a card from the shelf or ask for it at the pharmacy window bc pseudoephedrine and true Sudafed are regulated due to other's misuse of it (to make drug, I believe.) I get mine at Target or Walmart. The 4-6 hour one has 30 mg of pseudoephedrine in it. Good luck!

Old 08-31-2014, 06:50 PM   #5
    haychelle
    (female)

haychelle HB User

Have you found that it makes you anxious or "wired" at all? I've never had anxiety issues before, but dealing with labyrinthitis spikes my anxiety and I'm afraid to take anything that might make it worse.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:33 PM   #6
    Hbeez
    (female)

Hbeez HB User

I hear ya! My chiropractor and I talked about how vertigo and related can bring on anxiety. (He suffers intermittently from vertigo.) I know it did for me. When taking pseudoephedrine, I actually only take one of the two pills you can take for a dosage. Also, try reducing your caffeine intake when you're taking them. There are natural things you can take for anxiety if it persists.

Another thing you can try for sinuses is a steroidal nasal spray. I already had a sample Rx spray on hand, and then I bought OTC nasacort, and they both helped. There is a time limit for using these sprays, however.

And btw, seeing my Chiro helped too! When I first had the major onset in April, I was too scared to drive so I had my hubby bring me right away. I had a great reduction in severity after the adjustment that day.

Reply Reply

Tags
    brain fog, forehead tingling, labyrinthitis, pressure behind eyes