It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board

Looking for someone to chat with

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2015, 07:41 PM   #1
Kcz50
(male)

Kcz50 HB User
Looking for someone to chat with

I have permanent nerve damage from either labrynthitis or neuronitis. I really struggled when it first occured. I was off work for five weeks and went back after I ran out of sick leave. It really hadn't gotten a lot better. Even a year later it hadn't improved much.

It is now three years later. I continue to live my life and work because I don't have any other option. I can function. I can ride motorcyle again. I play music and enjoy reading books. So I do have a many things to be thankful for.

I get frustrated because I tire easlily, have a brain fog that never goes away and it makes it real hard to function at work and communicate with other people. I still occasionally have ringing in my ears and seem to walk funny I am guessing because I rely on my feet and eyes for balance because my balance system is disrupted.

Anyway, I was just looking to find someone that might understand the long term adjustment to permanent vestibular damage that I could chat with. It is a struggle because everyone around me assumes I am fine because the damage is not visible.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
Chellybean18
(female)

Chellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB User
Re: Looking for someone to chat with

I have had vestibular neuritis for almost a year now it's horrible but I understand what you are going through! I have just learned to live with it though as there is nothing else I can do until my brain compensates... It really is a struggle because no one can see how we feel they just think we are ok. I don't even talk to anyone about it anymore! Anyways if you want to talk about it or ask any questions feel free

Old 02-27-2015, 07:59 PM   #3
Kcz50
(male)

Kcz50 HB User

I think I have the mechanics of it figured out after so long. I remember the first few weeks hoping every day that things would return to normal and then after about a year accepting that they would not. Still struggle with trying to make it through the day sometimes. It is hard to function at work and I have lost opportunities because I function at about 50% of what I did before and don't have the energy to do any more.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
Chellybean18
(female)

Exactly same here. I'm very spaced out at all times so I can barely do my job half the time. But like you I have to work or I won't be able to pay bills. At first I just remember almost blacking out everyday and having panic attacks. I still panic because I just want to be normal again so bad. I'm very tired all the time too... I have to take a nap every day or I will not even be able to think straight

Old 03-08-2018, 09:17 AM   #5
Chellybean18
(female)

Do you still use this site? If so, do have these symptoms?

Old 03-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #6
Kcz50
(male)

Kcz50 HB User

I haven't used it since your last reply but I got an email when you posted this one. I hope you are doing well. I don't have dizziness anymore but still have the brain fog. My memory is impaired because I don't have the sustained focus to retain things. I think its been about five years now since this started. How are you?

Old 10-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #7
Chellybean18
(female)

Was just playing around on this site and found this post again lol but I'm feeling the same way after 4 years going on 5. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to finally get on the path to a real diagnosis as I don't think that it is vestibular neuritis anymore. Im leaning more towards vestibular migraine now so we shall see...

Reply Reply