It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board

• Where can I buy clothes for son with DS?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2005, 10:45 AM   #1
    mother of six

mother of six HB User
    Question Where can I buy clothes for son with DS?

I am looking for clothes to fit my 11 y/o son. The pant size that he needs to wear are so long in length or so tight at the waist. The only pants that fit him are sweat pants. I would love for him to be able to wear some stylish clothes. Does anyone know where I can find clothing for Down Syndrome children? Thanks .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
    KBM
    (female)

KBM HB User
    Re: Where can I buy clothes for son with DS?

I have a hard time getting clothes for my 14 year old daughter. I found that Sears and J C Pennys carrys plus sizes (10 1/2 thru 18 1/2 ). The plus / half sizes are cut fuller. Regular sizes are straight cut. The selection is not as much as regular clothes but at least they are stylish. Even then I have to get the length of the pants and the sleeves altered by a tailor. Thats something that will always be because of their shorter legs and arms. Unfortunatley those are the only stores that I have found that carry plus sizes. It is a challenge. Good luck.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:01 AM   #3
    mother of six

mother of six HB User

Thank you KBM. I never even thought to have the clothes tailored. That's a great idea! I appreciate your reply

Old 03-12-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
    Justabrother
    (male)

Justabrother HB User

Man about now 8-10 yrs ago there was a company called eSpecial or eSpecials Clothing.. something like that.. they were form out of CA. I haven't been able to find anything on the web about them. I sure wish I could find them again... if anyone knows *IF* that company still exists please post. I always meant to buy some clothes from them, they were mail order then... but I never got around to it.. moving, and losing brochures, I could kick myself.

{removed - please do not post commercial websites or search instuctions to find them - use brand names only as per the posting rules}

Last edited by moderator2; 03-12-2005 at 10:44 AM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites

Old 04-09-2005, 11:02 AM   #5
    Karen W.
    Veteran
    (female)

Karen W. HB User

HELLO,
    I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, MY SON IS 20 YEARS OLD, HE'S 4FT 11 INCHS TALL, i GAVE UP TRYING TO FIND MENS PANTS THAT FIT HIM, HE IS ALSO CHUNKY-FORGOT TO MENTION THAT. THIS MAY SOULD A LITTLE CRAZY BUT I'VE BEEN BUYING MY SON PANT'S IN THE WOMEN PETIET DEPARTMENT. I CAN FIND PANT'S OF ANY COLOR, THEY HAVE BLUE JEANS, KAKHI'S AND EVEN DRESS PANTS, MY SON HAS PROBLEMS WITH A SNAP AND ZIPPER, SO WE BUY ELELASTIC WAISTED PANTS. YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE AND HE IS IN STYLE, PLUS SWEATSUIT PANTS CAN BE SO WARM IN THE SPRING AND SUMMER.
    KAREN W.

Last edited by Karen W.; 04-09-2005 at 11:04 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Karen W. For This Useful Post:
    growingood (11-25-2012)
    Closed Thread