It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board

• positive quad screen and CPC

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-04-2005, 07:13 PM   #1
    uteppna
    (female)

uteppna HB User
    positive quad screen and CPC

my quad screen test came back high risk for down syndrome. we went for genetic counseling and they told us our risk was 1 in 85. we then proceeded to get an ultra sound and amnio (results in 2 weeks). the ultra sounds showed a Choroid Plexus Cyst. the dr said that these are usually nothing and go away, but that they can be a sign of a chromosomal defect. as if the high risk blood test results were not enough . . . not i am terrified because of the cpc. does anyone know anything about this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2005, 10:43 PM   #2
    CMRD
    (female)

CMRD HB User
    Re: positive quad screen and CPC

Please let me know the results of your amnio. I can completely empathize as I, too, had a positive triple screen (1/241 v. 1/300) plus a CPC found by the perinatologist during the ultrasound (no other indicators). I have not opted for the amnio yet, but am considering it (currently at 20 weeks). Either indicator on its own would not concern me; but with the two combined, I am not sure what to think. I sincerely hope that you post your results. Peace.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:23 AM   #3
    Tip'sfriend
    (female)

Tip'sfriend HB User
    Re: positive quad screen and CPC

When pregnant with my first child, the ultrasound showed 2 choroid plexus cysts, too much amniotic fluid, a 2 vessel (should be 3) vessel umbilical cord, and that the baby had cleft lip/palate. They said they believed the baby had Downs or a different worse choromosomal problem (can't remember name now). I had the amnio, and was so sure the results were going to be positive. They were negative, baby was born 7lbs.12oz. right on time. Other than cleft palate and lip, baby was fine. The choroid plexus cysts they kept having me come in for monitoring by ultrasound while pregnant---they completely just disappeared at 25 week ultrasound--said those can be completely normal to be there one ultrasound, and gone the next. So it can always be nothing!

Closed Thread