HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Down Syndrome (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/down-syndrome/)
-   -   To those of you who were pregnant with DS baby (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/down-syndrome/417659-those-you-who-were-pregnant-ds-baby.html)

manchak99 08-09-2006 07:22 AM

To those of you who were pregnant with DS baby

question for you...is it true that a baby with DS doesn't kick or move around as much as a normal baby?

hannahph 08-09-2006 08:33 AM

Re: To those of you who were pregnant with DS baby

This was a huge discussion on another DS related message board. For me it was the opposite. My daughter was extrememly active in the womb and she had a major heart defect.I think it was split about fifty -fifty , some were really active and some were really quiet.Do you have a diagnosis or were you just wondering?

manchak99 08-09-2006 09:07 AM

no....no diagnosis but was just wondering.

kateybug 08-23-2006 12:51 PM

I found that my baby NEVER stopped moving and I should have taken it as an indicator for how she would be outside the womb! At 8 she is on the go!

mjm629 09-03-2006 12:22 PM

i'm 22 weeks pregnant and found out 2 weeks ago our baby girl has Down Syndrome. I can tell you she is VERY mobile -- always moving around in there, and very uncooperative for the ultrasounds! The ultrasounds have shown she doesn't have any other problems at this point, such as a heart defect.

angelique5 09-08-2006 10:20 AM

mine was a very normal pregnancy...he squirmed and kicked as much as any of my others....

;)

skkelby 09-09-2006 12:42 AM

hi there. just found this website. i had alittle girl with down syndrome 4 months ago and i can tell you she kicked like a mule. if she had been any more activate she would have kicked her way out. she is a delightful baby always smiling. kim:)

momtofour 09-14-2006 02:42 PM

My little girl is my fourth girl and I can tell you that she was very different in womb than the others. She hardly moved- would wait until the last minute for the kick count and instead of kicking... she would kinda squirm of roll. Even though we didn't have a prenatal dx- I knew something was up.

Gwen S 09-19-2006 03:25 PM

My son wasn't very active, but I didn't know that until the day he was born. I hadn't been pregnant before, so it felt like a decent amount of movement. I don't think it is a very good indicator of anything though.
Gwen

Lily's mom 10-06-2006 05:18 AM

My child with down syndrome kicked and moved a great deal more than my child without down syndrom.