It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board

• Zoloft

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #1
    mrcuriosity
    (male)

mrcuriosity HB User
    Zoloft

So I started taking zoloft yesterday, every time I've taken it makes my jaw clench, gives me dry mouth and causes my anxiety to go through the roof. I have a history of major anxiety and trust me, zoloft is making it worse and I only took half a 50mg tab. I'm unemployed and I can tell you, if I had to go to work today I wouldn't be able to because it's that bad.

Last edited by mrcuriosity; 05-04-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2016, 03:59 PM   #2
    Ironhunt
    (male)

Ironhunt HB User
    Re: Zoloft

Call your doctor. They should be able to tell you over the phone if there is a problem. The jaw clenching is what seems abnormal to me. I've been on it around 5 weeks and it still hasn't fully kicked in. It did make my anxiety worse before it got better, I think.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:08 PM   #3
    mrcuriosity
    (male)

mrcuriosity HB User
    Re: Zoloft

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ironhunt View Post
    Call your doctor. They should be able to tell you over the phone if there is a problem. The jaw clenching is what seems abnormal to me. I've been on it around 5 weeks and it still hasn't fully kicked in. It did make my anxiety worse before it got better, I think.

I plan on calling when they're available. I've looked up adverse side effects of ssris and jaw clenching has been associated with them. Although it's more a stiffness with my jaw, not necessarily a clench, it makes me feel like clenching though. Not to mention getting jumbled up thoughts and a little big of confusion (that comes with anxiety). It's a strangely intense aroma, I never though a simple non narcotic anti anxiety pill would give effects this quick let alone this strong with only half the recommended dosage on the bottle.

Reply Reply