It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board

• Wellbutrin made me enraged

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #1
    Lpapp
    (female)

Lpapp HB User
    Wellbutrin made me enraged

I took Wellbutrin only 3 weeks to give me a boost from Effexor that made me listless. I started to slowly realize I was getting uptight, extremely intense, easily disgusted, uncompromising. I had sweats and my heart was racing. I decided to quit. A couple days later, I got in an argument with my husband. I started swinging at him and hit him in the shoulder and back. I was enraged. He was in shock. I was out of control. He thought I was going to leave him. The next morning I felt so ashamed. I have never hit anyone in my life. I've never had a physical cute even. My husband thought he might have to call the cops. It was terrible and we have to deal with the aftermath now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin made me enraged

WOW! Are those common side effects for Wellbutrin?
    When I was on Dexilant for reflux I felt incredibly depressed after only a couple of weeks. Once I stopped I felt like myself again.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:58 PM   #3
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin made me enraged

Hello Lpapp,

I hope you reported this to your prescribing Dr. It's always a good idea to understand and learn about medication side effects. There are warnings for Wellbutrin regarding behavior changes, hostility, agitation, mood changes, extreme depression and more. This can be true for many other medications and the reason it's always a good idea to be well informed about the medications you are taking.

I am sorry you had this experience and I hope you and your Husband can work things out. Hopefully you both can work through this by acknowledging it was due to the affect Wellbutrin had on you. Please seek counseling (if needed) to help the both of you work through this disturbing incident.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-07-2016 at 06:02 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopy61 For This Useful Post:
    sweetpotato13 (08-07-2016)
    Reply Reply

Tags
    rage, wellbutrin