It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board

• Wellbutrin and severe itching on hands and fingers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-01-2004, 11:09 PM   #1
    jdowns

jdowns HB User
    Thumbs down Wellbutrin and severe itching on hands and fingers

Hi,

I've taken wellbutrin for six days now (generic form) and just the past couple days both hands starting itching very badly. I haven't done anything different so I suspect it must be the Wellbutrin. Other than that I have no bad side effects but this severe itching concerns me. I'm up to 200 mg and don't want to take the final pill (100 mg) until I find out what's going on. There is no rash but severe itching all over the hands where I scratch them raw and no lotion or cream seems to help my hands. Has anybody ever heard of this as a side effect?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2004, 11:11 PM   #2
    jdowns

jdowns HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin and severe itching on hands and fingers

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdowns
    Hi,

I've taken wellbutrin for six days now (generic form) and just the past couple days both hands starting itching very badly. I haven't done anything different so I suspect it must be the Wellbutrin. Other than that I have no bad side effects but this severe itching concerns me. I'm up to 200 mg and don't want to take the final pill (100 mg) until I find out what's going on. There is no rash but severe itching all over the hands where I scratch them raw and no lotion or cream seems to help my hands. Has anybody ever heard of this as a side effect?

Old 05-02-2004, 10:50 PM   #3
    positive4u
    Veteran

positive4u HB User

jdowns,
    Have not heard of itching limited only to the hands while on Wellbutrin. I would suspect more of your body would be affected. You may wish to take some Benadryl(diphenhydramine) and go of the Wellbutrin slowly to see if that helps.
    Positive4U

Old 05-06-2004, 11:21 AM   #4
    TJM

TJM HB User
    Yes it's the Wellbutrin.
    I haven't experienced that effect but my doctor told me it could happen when he prescribed it to me.
    It's also in the info that I was given from the pharmacy.
    Did you read the info you were given?

Old 05-23-2004, 08:32 PM   #5
    Mesheka

Mesheka HB User

I have been taking Wellbutrin for six years now; it has worked miracles for my OCD. However, my HMO paid for the generic form one week ago (because they said now that there was a generic, I could only get that unless the doctor wrote Brand name only on the script), and starting yesterday (about six days into it) -- I have severe itching everywhere on my body including my hands! I am miserable and cannot wait to get to the doctor tomorrow to have it changed! Mostly it is my legs, chest and back...

Closed Thread