It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board

• taking zoloft...if I take a valium will it hurt me?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-23-2004, 06:12 AM   #16
    opiateskill000

opiateskill000 HB User
    Re: taking zoloft...if I take a valium will it hurt me?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CancerDad
    Zoloft and Valium are fine together. And Valium is Not a depressant, it's an anxiolitic which fills benzo receptors in your body and relaxes you. They are commonly prescribed together. As stated above, you do want to be careful taking someone elses medication, especially a controlled substance. Just be careful, but rarely do people have side effects from Valium, and you shouldn't fret about it.
    Anxiolotics are depressants. The two terms don't conflict, they coincide. A depressant is a drug that slows down Central Nervous System activity, and anxioloitics do that. Think about it: is your heartbeat slower or faster when you're relaxed? Also, anti-depressants don't refer to CNS activity at all, and an anti-depressant taken with a depressant will not counteract one another.

Last edited by opiateskill000; 12-23-2004 at 06:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2004, 02:00 AM   #17
    miamore
    (female)

miamore HB User

the know what the strangiest part of everyone conversation is that i dont uderstand since everyone seem to be up on knowing there med. me also a med take peole are right its not going to hurt u to take it but ask ur doc but 10mg is alot to take the first time that might be very dangerous if u have already down this i bet u were on cloud 9 let me know how it went for u ??????????? thats what my concern its not taking the pill itself doc to it all the time i on the same thing zoloft and klonopin........ wow i bet u felt good but also rem if u have done that just go do ur doc he will give u something like that ............ just ask tell him ur situation ...... please reply back

Old 12-26-2004, 02:03 AM   #18
    miamore
    (female)

miamore HB User

also something to klopin is know to make u more depressed sometimes... along with making u feel relaxed.

Closed Thread