It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board

• Was on Zoloft switched to wellbutrin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-22-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
    smcelheran
    (female)

smcelheran HB User
    Was on Zoloft switched to wellbutrin

I was on Zoloft for about 7 years and due to the sexual side effects with zoloft, my doctor perscribed Wellbutrin. I started out 150mg of wellbutrin and am now up to 300 mg all in the course of a week. I feel like crap. I am dizzy all the time, sick to my stomach and want to sleep. Is this withdrawl symptoms from Zoloft for side effects to Wellbutrin?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
    smcelheran

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2005, 08:31 AM   #2
    sgt207
    (male)

sgt207 HB User
    Re: Was on Zoloft switched to wellbutrin

Sounds like zoloft withdrawal

Old 12-29-2005, 06:00 AM   #3
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Sounds like you are being tapered up way too fast.I could not take any of the effects of wellbutrin.I used it in the form of zyban to try and quit smoking,it gave me such horrid stomach problems that i had like this bloated feeling all the time that you could actually dsee.my stomach just blew up like a balloon and one night,right after I started the next highest dose,i went to bed and go up about an hour later just puking my guts out.god i felt just soo sick and nauseas,i got off it immeditely.i would ask to be switched to something like lexapro.I have been on this now for over two years and it really does not affect me at all on a sexual basis.but when I was on the zoloft a few years ago,I had the same exact problem as you.the zoloft worked well for my depression but the sexual side effcts really sucked.It does not sound like you are reacting well to the actual wellburin itself.this is the only SSRI that ever gave me that type of stomach problems.oh,I recently tried cymbalta and had almost the same type of reaction with it,but this was just non stop nausea and restless leg syndrome.Try the lexapro.if zoloft actually woked on your depression the lex should too and without the sexual side effects,or definitely not as bad.let me know how things go.at any rate,get the heck of of the wellbutrin,I really do doubt that you will actually feel much better than you are right now with it.god that stuff was horrid for me.**

Old 01-22-2006, 09:19 PM   #4
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

I have been taking Wellbutrin XL for 5 weeks now. I felt like crap the first week too. I felt dizzy and like a zombie and nauseated. I really didn't feel normal for about two weeks. It caused me to have a lot of difficulty sleeping so my doctor added Lexapro also just 1 1/2 weeks ago. I also felt like crap until just yesterday from the Lexapro. The lexapro has been harder to adjust to I have been way more nauseated and extremely sleepy from the Lexapro but it is working better for my depression. The side effects are almost gone now. So yes it could be the Wellbutrin making you feel sick and also weaning off of the zoloft probably is contributing to it too. Just give it a couple weeks and you'll probably feel better. Taking the Wellbutrin with Lexapro is supposed to counteract the sexual side effects of the Lexapro. So far it seems to be working OK. It takes a little longer but still works.

Closed Thread