It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board

• Zoloft and Klonopin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-16-2003, 06:27 PM   #1
    mhc68

mhc68 HB User
    Question Zoloft and Klonopin

I have a question regarding zoloft. I'm 34 and was on Zoloft for about 2.5 yrs and it was prescribed when I was going through a divorce and had depression and panick/anxiety attacks.
    I was taking 100mg of Z last year and cut down to 50mg by the beginning of this year. I had slight withdrawals while tapering down but nothing too bad. Last week I went to see my doc and told him that I was curretnly down to 12.5 mg per day. He said that was not enough dosage to help and that it would be okay for me to stop taking it completely. Of course he was wrong. I've been off of Z for about 9 days now and having withdrawlas. I didn'trealize what was causing my symtoms until last Sunday when I looked on the internet to see if it could be the Z and was amazed at what I found.

I am having the zaps, tingles, nasuea, upset stomach, insomnia, nighmares, severe tiredness/weakness, and when I move my head/eyes too quickly they seem to stay at the same place where they stareted(if that makes any sense) very weird feeling, and increased heart rate. Finding this site made me feel better to know I'm not losing my mind and others are having the same problems, unfortunately.

I would like to know if anyone else is also taking Klonopin and if the Klonopin without the Z could be causing or making the withdrawals worse. I curretnly take .5 mg per night and have been on this dosage for 2.5 yrs same as when I started the Z. Should I try to lower the dosage of K now (my doc told me to cut it in half but I've been reluctant since I've had such adverse reactions stopping the Z)or should I wait until I'm stable from the Z withdrawals.

I tried Benedryl but I can't tell that is has helped. Am thinking of trying B12 to help my energy level. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your insight!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2003, 09:12 AM   #2
    imthatguy

imthatguy HB User
    I wouldn't play with the dosage of your klonopin until your through the zoloft withdrawls. I've been through the same thing your going through. I was on paxil and quit because it wasn't helping, and went through some crazy withdrawls. Then went on zoloft, quit taking that also, and went through more withdrawls. They wen't as bad as the paxil w/d was but it still sucked. I dont take anti-depressants anymore. I don't believe inn them. I feel like the doctor is playing a guessing game with my brain chemistry. I found that exercise, healthy eating, and some sort of relaxing hobby(like yoga etc.) helps more than any anti-depressant ever did. As far as the w/d's go, don't worry, you'll make it. It gets better every day.

Closed Thread