It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board

Sulfameth/Trimethoprim (Generic for Bactrim) SIDE EFFECTS

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
South656
(female)

South656 HB User
Exclamation Sulfameth/Trimethoprim (Generic for Bactrim) SIDE EFFECTS

Hello Everyone.

It has been a while since I've been on here but everytime I need help with something I ALWAYS turn to the health boards and find answers or some kind of help so I know I am in the right place!

I am currently taking Sulfameth to treat Haemophilus influenzae that was found in my throat culture about a week ago. I don't really know a lot about H Influenza but I know it can eventually turn into meningitis if not treated properly or quickly enough, so that scares me! Since taking the Sulfameth, I have been experiencing severe pains in my head. It's not really a "headache" but rather pain and throbbing on top of my head on the left side. When I cough, it hurts really bad and it's almost like I can feel my heartbeat pounding through my head but I think that is just b/c it is throbbing so much. It helps when I put my hand over it and apply pressure but when I stop doing that it starts hurting again. It just worries me b/c I know when you the symptoms of meningitis is a severe headache along with other symptoms of course. I do feel dizzy and are sometimes sensitive to light and all of those are side effects listed for the Sulfameth. BUT the PAIN I am feeling in my head feels like it is in my BRAIN really and I don't think that is really considered a typical headache.

Has anyone else had this problem when taking this medication before? Or can you help me in any way? It would be greatly appreciated! If it gets much worse than it is now, I will contact my doctor or do whatever I have to do to make sure everything is ok.

Thank you!
Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread