It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board

• amoxicillin fever

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
    schmae03
    (male)

schmae03 HB User
    amoxicillin fever

Hi my name's Brent and recently I was diagnosed with pharyngitis. The doctor prescribed me 20 amoxicillin pills to take twice daily for a total of 10 days. Now I started by taking one last night around 7pm. I took another one this morning at 7am and tried going to work. Around 10 I didn't feel good at all at work and went home. Around noon I started to feel a slight fever coming on. I then rested in bed for a couple of hours only to notice that my fever had gotten worse. Granted I didn't take any tylenol since around the same time (7am) as I took the amoxicillin, My fever escalated to about 102 degrees F around 4pm roughly, and has now subsided for the most part after taking 2 tylenols 4 hours later. I went into the doctor and the nurse said that this is normal for amoxicillin to cause fevers the first couple of days of taking it. I was just wondering if you really think its safe to take this medication if it's going to boost my temperature to 102 or more.. Thank you very much for your time -Brent.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread