It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board

• Lexapro first day. Advice please please please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
    jessc
    (female)

jessc HB User
    Unhappy Lexapro first day. Advice please please please

I took my first 5mg lexapro yesterday morning. Today at 430 I had four trips to the bathroom for diareah. I'm super bummed because I have been putting off taking this medication for so long because I'm so afraid of side effects like this one. I'm afraid after just one day I'm going to quit, and I was finally on my way to getting past my anxiety and depression. . I'd take it again today, but I CANNOT risk going diareah at work tomorrow. So really when can I ever start this medication? How long does the diareah last? Is it possible it could be just the first time then never again? Ugh. I'm so sad I really thought I was on my way to getting better now I'm already throwing in the towel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
    Robocat
    (female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User
    Re: Lexapro first day. Advice please please please

Have you tried taking immodium or any other anti-diahreal medicine? I've gone through a lot of drug trials before I've found the right one, and suffered lots of side effects, such as diahrea and vomiting. Generally it's a common side effect to medication, please check to make sure if it is or is not. Please make sure you drink plenty of water, and don't give up. If the diahrea doesn't go away in a few days then maybe this isn't the drug for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Robocat For This Useful Post:
    jessc (08-23-2013)
    Old 01-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #3
    karlee10
    (female)

karlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB User
    Re: Lexapro first day. Advice please please please

Hi there. I've never taken Lexapro, but, I have had diarrhea as a side effect on many of my new meds. I take 1 Immodium and, after like a half hour each time, it's all taken care of. If I get it again the next day, I'll take 1 more. It doesn't take much at all, and the Immodium is over the counter even. Read the label on the package just to be sure you're getting the right dose for you. Please try that right away, because I have faith it'll work for you too.

Closed Thread

Tags
    lexapro, side affects