It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dysphagia Message Board

Does this sound like I have dysphagia?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2016, 10:04 PM   #1
gal3323
(female)

gal3323 HB User
Does this sound like I have dysphagia?

I don't know why though one day I was eating and realized when I swallow that my food would get stuck at the top of my throat. I tried swallowing slower but I still felt like gets stuck there. I usually try to drink a lot of water to try help the food go down ya. Ya it takes a lot of effort to get the food down though. Other times I would feel like some of the food is stuck in my chest. I am pretty scared of this feeling. I was wondering does anyone think I have dysphgia. Anyone here who has this condition can tell me more about dysphagia and what can you do to treat it. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2016, 10:22 PM   #2
gal3323
(female)

gal3323 HB User
Re: Does this sound like I have dysphagia?

I want to know what kind of test do they use to diagnose someone with dysagia though. What kind of treatment would I get. Can anyone that knows tell me. I really want to learn more about it. Thanks.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:36 PM   #3
gal3323
(female)

gal3323 HB User

I still have the problems getting food stuck while eating it. Does anyone know what kind of test I can do to diagnose if I have some kind of condition that isnt right about me. I just want to be able to eat like usual. Its sad I can't though. Thanks.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:56 PM   #4
al775
(male)

al775 HB User

Hello

Have you been diagnosed with something else?
Maybe acid reflux or something like that? Can you swallow your own saliva well or have mucus in your throat?
How old are you?

Besides that, a good test to find out is barium swallow. I am not sure if there are more tests. Be sure to ask for a barium swallow where they give you different things to eat so the problem can be seen.

Tereatment depends on the cause. So it's important that you have tests done properly. Also sometimes it's good to know what trigger it. Do you remember how it began?

Take care

Last edited by al775; 02-09-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:24 AM   #5
gal3323
(female)

gal3323 HB User

I do have the gerd condition. It seems like I was just eating one day then I find food getting stuck though. Then I need to drink some water to help it go down ya. My throat is dry for most of the time so its even more hard to eat like that. What kind of treatment would someone give me. Does anyone know. Thanks.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
Drakos67
(male)

Drakos67 HB User

Upper scope can dectect the narrowing and the rings caused by it. They can stretch it out during scole.

Last edited by Drakos67; 02-19-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:24 PM   #7
Drakos67
(male)

Drakos67 HB User

Upper scope can dectect the narrowing and the rings caused by it. They can stretch ot out during the scope.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #8
gal3323
(female)

gal3323 HB User

That's cool there is treatment for the dysphagia condition. Will you never have problems after that. Or you can get back dysphagia later. I don't like feeling anxious when eating though. Anyone know. Thanks.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #9
Myla88
(female)

Myla88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gal3323 View Post
That's cool there is treatment for the dysphagia condition. Will you never have problems after that. Or you can get back dysphagia later. I don't like feeling anxious when eating though. Anyone know. Thanks.
How are you feeling now? Please let me know because i am going through the same thing right now.

Reply Reply