It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dysphagia Message Board

Killian Jamieson diverticulum

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2016, 05:16 AM   #1
al775
(male)

al775 HB User
Killian Jamieson diverticulum

Hello

After being treated for globus and cough because of laryngeal sensory neuropathy, we did a chest CT scan and found a small Killian Jamieson diverticulum on the right side.

I don't know exactly where that place is, but I always feel something on the right side of my throat.

I also have other issues such as throat clearing on the right side which has improved and pains on the right side of my chest, neck and back sometimes.

There's no reflux from the stomach apparently. However I wonder if there could be reflux from the diverticulum itself. I tread online and usually these diverticulums are small and asymptomatic. But I don't know and I am a bit scared

The diverticulum was never picked on any of my barium swallows or endoscopy.

So I am unsure if the symptoms left that I still have are because of this.

Anyone has experience with this diverticulum? There's little information about it due to very few cases being reported..

I am actually tense and scared as I've been too long with symptoms and nobody knew what was wrong with me. I am a bit better in the recent time and also using gabapentin, but still there are things that make me question what they are..

Thanks

Last edited by al775; 07-21-2016 at 05:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
diverticulum, stuck, swallowing