It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dysphagia Message Board

Anyone suffered from an upper esophageal web (Dysphagia)?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2016, 03:46 AM   #1
Rob00785
(male)

Rob00785 HB User
Anyone suffered from an upper esophageal web (Dysphagia)?

Hello, I'm desperate!
I'm looking for anyone who once has suffered (or probably still is suffering) form an (upper) esophageal web that causes or caused (significantly impairing) Dysphagia on solid foods !
I suffered from it nearly my whole lifetime, in a severe way, from birth on (or maybe 1 or 2 or 3 years old - can't remember quite clearly), with nearly 30 years lasting malnutrition, with food stuck in throat for hours (!) from age 12 / 13 on, and (all this!) due to nearly two decades (!) of omission(s) by [my] parents and - as if this wasn't enough - after that, serious treatment errors and misdiagnoses by doctors - (all in all, a story beyond belief !) to the age of 26 (!!).
I NEVER in my lifetime met a person or had the opportunity to talk to a person who had the same (or at least a similar) problem (least of all over such (!) period of time..)...
Would (deeply) love to hear from.. anybody!
Sincerely

Last edited by Rob00785; 12-05-2016 at 04:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
golfhat
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User
Re: Anyone suffered from an upper esophageal web (Dysphagia)?

something is wrong with me. I can't take a pill without having to vomit up the water because after the pill goes down my esophagus close up. also this started for me about 20 years ago and sometimes I suffer greatly and other times it is not so bad. stressing about it makes it happen!

when I am afraid to eat solid food especially out at a restaurant, it will always happen. then I have to go into the bathroom and throw up. then I can eat a little bit.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:49 AM   #3
BTBK
(female)

BTBK HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob00785 View Post
Hello, I'm desperate!
I'm looking for anyone who once has suffered (or probably still is suffering) form an (upper) esophageal web that causes or caused (significantly impairing) Dysphagia on solid foods !
I suffered from it nearly my whole lifetime, in a severe way, from birth on (or maybe 1 or 2 or 3 years old - can't remember quite clearly), with nearly 30 years lasting malnutrition, with food stuck in throat for hours (!) from age 12 / 13 on, and (all this!) due to nearly two decades (!) of omission(s) by [my] parents and - as if this wasn't enough - after that, serious treatment errors and misdiagnoses by doctors - (all in all, a story beyond belief !) to the age of 26 (!!).
I NEVER in my lifetime met a person or had the opportunity to talk to a person who had the same (or at least a similar) problem (least of all over such (!) period of time..)...
Would (deeply) love to hear from.. anybody!
Sincerely
I'm sorry you are going through this.
Unfortunately, I have been having this problem for over 2 months now.
Last night I had the worst attack hours after eating a small squished up baked potato.
Have you been diagnosed?
Are you still having the problems or did they give you something to help with it? Its horrible

Old 03-15-2017, 05:33 PM   #4
Busylady75
(female)

Busylady75 HB User

I have the same issue but the Gastroenterologist does a balloon dilation when I'm having that issue and the symptoms go away immediately. I do have another type of dysphasia on top of that though. I have to do special head meneuvers to get the food down. The Dr. ordered a swallow study. The speech therapist said I have nerve damage to two of the muscles. Speech therapy helped a little bit. There wasn't anything else they could do and they don't know what caused it. My muscles are too weak to push everything out of the epiglottis.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:27 AM   #5
BTBK
(female)

BTBK HB User

BusyLady75- What kind of head maneuvers?
Maybe it can help me?
How long have you had this problem?
Mine started about 2 months ago out of no where

Reply Reply