It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2015, 03:00 PM   #1
dancer1701
(female)

dancer1701 HB User
Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy

Hi! I'm 18 and I got my tonsils and adenoids out on thursday(5days ago)... I got them out because I had a really bad problem with tonsil stones. Originally they were only going to remove my tonsils but once they started surgery they said my adenoids were very swollen and irritated and had to be removed too. The doctor said my tonsils had the largest pocket of hidden tonsil stones she's ever seen! Anyways enough with the blabbering, I have a couple of concerns and I'm wondering if they're normal or I should be worried.

1) my temperature is below average(96.4)
2) eveytime I get a build-up of spit/ drool I spit it out, I don't swallow it
3) today(day 5) I had some mashed potatoes and accidentally overdid the salt/garlic salt a little bit and now my throat burns, and stings, different from the average pain I was feeling and I can't seem to get rid of that burning feeling
4) I've been very bad and haven't been taking antibiotics but I do brush my teeth 2-3 times a day and rinse out my mouth many times a day
5) am I supposed to feel the scabs on my tonsils and do they feel like an average scab you would get on your knee after you fell or something.. and if I am supposed to feel them I definetly don't... is it possible to not get scabs?? Should I be feeling them fall off by day 5?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
adenoidectomy, adenoids, tonsillectomy, tonsillectomy advice, tonsils