It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• i have a terrible pain in my neck and constant taste of salty liquid in my throat

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
    seekingrelief79
    (male)

seekingrelief79 HB User
    i have a terrible pain in my neck and constant taste of salty liquid in my throat

hello,

I have been experiencing some serious pains for the last several months. It is not on and off but a constant problem 24/7.
    This is the symptoms i am experiencing :

*my throat constantly needs to be cleared of some salty liquid
    *there is constant pressure in my throat, like i am being strangled. it affects my breathing and causes pressure in my neck muscles all day, all the time, everyday.
    *my breathing constantly sounds like im gasping for air, and truthfully i have noticed my lungs have become air hungry (constantly trying to get a full breath that isn't happening) yawning has become extremely difficult as my neck muscles don't want to take that stretch to engulf the air for a yawn.
    *my teeth have started hurting in the last 3week as well as my face has started falling asleep/going numb, especially in my lower jaw
    *i am now suffering regular headaches and nausea at times

it feels like im forcing air out while breathing, and it pushes past some closed flap to release itself, when the air is out the flap closes again and pressure builds in my face and throat again (this is what it feels like) .. if i don't do this forced breathing my face and jaw start feeling pressure and throat feels full of mucus.
    the face numbness that recently has developed is of major concern to me, even though this weird breathing, inflammed throat mucles and neck pain that has been ruining my life since deccember 22/2014 is a major concern for me aswell.

i have seen an ENT and he told me that this is all acid reflux. i have been dealing with acid reflux my whole life .. i know what that feels like and what symptoms come from it. This is not acid reflux. i take Tetra 40mg for the acid reflux. i have been taking it for 2years twice a day. since this problem started recently in december i have taken it 3x/day because i can't handle the pain anymore, but to no avail. no changes in 6 months except that its getting worse and more problems keep showing up. i went back to the ENT and he told me that there is nothing more that he can do for me and that i have to live the rest of my life like this.

i have had a CT of lungs and throat .. the throat shows nothing wrong but the lung showed a small lump less that 5mm in left side.
    i keep explaining that my neck and throat are very tight and that between the pain and weak neck muscles from constantly clearing my throat; it's driving me crazy!!
    i went to another ENT after going to the emergency room and he told me i have sleep apnea?! i asked if my symptoms were a sign of sleep apnea and he said no, but you are overweight so go do the test. i do not have sleep apnea. although strangely enough, the part of my throat that feels in pain and irritated is the same spot that i feel snoring sounds come from.
    i do not snore.

i saw a gastro doctor .. he stuck a tube down my stomach and said he saw nothing (which makes me wonder, if i have acid reflux this bad, wouldn't it show all the way up)

no body has taken a look at my sinuses and doesn't even pay me attention when i refer to it. however im going crazy living like this, have not been to work in 3months because nobody wants to be next to me as i'm constantly gagging for air and clearing my throat every 30secs. and the headaches are getting a bit much.

i have taken penicillin, amoxcillin, nystatin, symbicort, tetra, otrivin, netipot, nothing is helping at ALL with any of this.
    if anyone knows what this could be or has experienced similar please respond.

i was a smoker for 10years, have not smoked in the last 2 months, do not drink alcohol ever, fairly healthy except in recent blood work it shows that my liver is twice its' function. doc says it shows in alcoholics like this .. i do not drink though?
    i drink several cups of tea a day to help with my throat, does nothing.

i may believe something about acid reflux because after i eat my throat clearing becomes worse for a short period. but i'm overdosing on Tetra, so how come nothing is getting better in almost 6mths.

do i need an MRI? doctors say they don't see signs of cancer (my aunts have died of various cancers including throat) i'm just scared because it won't go away this problem, it only gets worse, and symptoms keep adding up, and the pain is making me depressed and not wanting to live like this.

this all started instantly, on december 22 .. i was at an arab lounge smoking sheesha/hookah (flavored tobacco/molasses) and instantly felt this sensation in my throat of it needing to be cleared and pressure behind my nose. could this have any association?

i've never had this problem in my life ... please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2015, 07:47 AM   #2
    Angels31
    (female)

Angels31 HB User
    Did you ever find out what is going on? I also have a mystery disease, it is a little different than yours, i also have the post nasal drainage, but mine has affected my eyes, nose and mouth, they all burn. My eyes are crusty and have bags around them. I have burning and bumps on the roof of my mouth and a dry burning sensation when I breathe through my nose. I also have pain in the back of my head and neck and really bad night sweats. I also haven't been to work in almost 3 months. March 11 was the last day I was there. It is driving me crazy! And it won't go away. I am really at the end of my rope. Have you got any answers? I am desperate!

Closed Thread

Tags
    air hunger, breathing problems, gerd, sinus issues, throat tightness