It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Spasms in esophagus

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-23-2015, 07:33 AM   #1
    yvetted
    (female)

yvetted HB User
    Question Spasms in esophagus

In January of 2015 , I started getting spasms in the sternum area of my chest. Sometimes it is felt in my throat. I went to my GI doctor and he arranged, a endoscopy . I changed my diet , i don’t eat greasy foods , or drink coffee, eat sugar , or chocolate. I am eating in small portions and eating bland foods, mash potatoes, water, oatmeal ,water melon, noodle soup. Ativia yogurt. I sitting up after eating, for 3 hours.

I have taken nexium 40 for many years for a reflux problems, i had many years ago. i stopped taking the nexium 40 was not having any problems, then started back in January when i started feeling spasm, never had them before, it seem to make the spasms worst. i would get them throughout the day and night. so i stop taking the nexium. Now i have the spasm less but still getting them , in the morning once i get out of the bed and drink some luke warm water. I exercise for one half hour on the treadmill and feel great, only feel spasms a little bit after workout., but spasm still present during the day. My doctor told me to try Zantac 150, this is my second day, still having the spasms , feel strong at first , then less, but still present . I ate some oatmeal this morning , i will have Ativia yogurt later. My ENT doctor recently seen me for my thyroid nodules , biopsy was done, they were negative, 3cm in the center of my throat, i have four , 2 cm nodules on the right side of thyroid. I also have two little nodules on the left thyroid. Thinking about having my left thyroid remove and the middle nodule removed. He examined me , to make sure it was not the nodules causing the spasms in the throat area. He used a scope and told me i had inflamed mucosa lining in my esophagus, to definitely have the endoscopy done . I also have schedule a GI work up , and a ensophogram.. I want these spasms to go away. i don’t feel like my self. Praying and hoping to feel better soon. Anyone have any positive help for me ?, i need relief!!

Last edited by yvetted; 06-23-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread