It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Painful throat and white spots/puss

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-12-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
    MaxGBruce
    (male)

MaxGBruce HB User
    Painful throat and white spots/puss

So I picked up tonsillitis about 2 and a half weeks ago (2nd time in 2/3 months unfortunately). I didn't visit the doctor, as I was convinced that all they do is give you antibiotics (Penicillin) that will help with the pain but not recovery time. Instead I bought myself paracetamol. I noticed after about a week it wasn't the same as before and looked online at what it might be. The symptoms seemed to suggest it was bacterial instead of viral (white puss on tonsils, no cough, sore, headache - all this only on one side of head/throat). Now it's been 3 weeks, the white puss has gone from the tonsil but is instead at the top of my throat and on the Uvula. The pain is also slightly different and increased (hard to even drink now) and I'm producing a lot of saliva and getting a high temp. Sorry for going on so much, I'm going to see a doctor on Tuesday (at uni so only just registered yesterday), but is there anything I can do until then to reduce this pain. Losing appetite, sleep, not drinking water as much, and don't have the motivation to study/go to lectures..
    Sorry it's so long, just wanted to describe it fully, thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    bacterial, sore, throat, tonsillitis, uvula